One poll to find the quote and one quote to rule them all... for 2012.
Dear TL StarCraft nerds, as recently announced - it's finally time to vote for the SC2 Quote of the Year 2012. 2012 has been the year of eSports, and this is reflected in some awesome quotes. The nominations are all quotes from 2012 selected by the SC2 Quote of the Day team through a thorough process of internal voting, and when that wasn't enough to decide, internal cannibal holocausts. There had to be a cap, so many good quotes have been left out but you can browse them all from the quote archives. The poll starts today (20th of Dec) and will be closed on Sunday the 23rd of Dec at midnight PST, so make sure you cast your vote by then.
We are also doing a small giveaway to celebrate quote of the year and the 1st SC2 Quote of the Day anniversary (can you believe it!): at the end of the poll, from all the comments on this thread we will pick a lucky one at random to win a t-shirt of choice from our store + stickers, also we'll pick other 3 people at random from the comments and send them a few stickers each
So, without further ado, we are proud to present you with our nominations:
- Apollo: + Show Spoiler +From Protoss tutorial part 1:Be safe: always, always, always wear a cannon.
- Artosis: + Show Spoiler +During Royal Roader ceremony in which Life is awarded with a huge bastard sword, Ro32 GSL Code S S5 Group H 2012:People that say that video games promote violence are so stupid, I just wanna force-field them in a triangle and kill them with Colossus beams.
- Axslav: + Show Spoiler +The finer points of micro for beginners as explained by Axslav on Rules of Engagement EP02 (~00:45):When in doubt, don't micro, just attack move.
- Day9: + Show Spoiler +Redbull Lan, Funday Monday w/the pros, Mar 2012:Starcraft 2 was designed to have a best race. You play the worst one.
- djWheat: + Show Spoiler +djWHEAT upgrades pitchforks on Lo3 E127 (~1:34:20):A pitchfork is for fucking hay. A trident is for killing bitches.
- Dustin Browder: + Show Spoiler +Dustin Browder shares the joys of battle.net with the community:I won the game. How am I the noob?
- Frodan: + Show Spoiler +Frodan delivers the ultimate intro to a SC2 tournament - NASL S4 Finals Day1:I've got a boner for StarCraft!
- Grubby: + Show Spoiler +Cadred interview at DHVLC 2012:My greatest skill is enjoyment of the game.
- HerO: + Show Spoiler +The dark knight rises: HerO wins NASL S4:I will be the HerO that you deserve.
- iNcontroL: + Show Spoiler +Interview on Starcast #89:It takes a village to raise an Idra.
- Major: + Show Spoiler +Reported from the event floor by Evoli at MLG Dallas:Mech isn't a build, it's a way of life.
- MMA: + Show Spoiler +MMA about his love life, CyberSportsNetwork interview:Three years no girl, only game.
- MrBitter: + Show Spoiler +NASL inside joke dominates Home Story Cup V:Did you know that Ohana means family?
- MC: + Show Spoiler +Casting at Home Story Cup IV:OK, I make GoOdy nickname: supply block Terran.
- Tasteless: + Show Spoiler +Tastosis pylon, Casting MLG Spring Championship:That's a Tastosis pylon right there, the Tasteless pylon backing up the Artosis pylon, everything's gonna be fine.
- RotterdaM: + Show Spoiler +Casting Bly vs Mana at Dream Hack Winter:First world Zerg problems: my injects are too good, I can't transfuse.
- Scoots: + Show Spoiler +Scoots referencing JFK on Lo3 E137:Ask not what SC2 can do for you, ask what you can do for SC2.
- Stephano: + Show Spoiler +After winning the IPL showmatch vs WhiteRa in Vegas:I don't think about it, I just know what to do and when to do it.
- Taeja: + Show Spoiler +From The Liquid Advantage:People often say that they have momentum after winning many games in a row, but I don't feel that way. Momentum isn't important for me. Only skill.
- WhiteRa: + Show Spoiler +NostradamusRa predicts the future while laddering (~03:00):StarCraft is game that is close to reality, not only in us life we have many war for resources, in future in space we can see same war but little bit more different stuff, like animals, humanoid, UFO and people fighting each other.
- Wolf/Khaldor: + Show Spoiler +Archon "toilet" finally explained, Shine vs Jangbi G2 - GSL Code A, Round1, Day2, Match7 2012:Wolf: "You know what's really strange to me? Archon toilet, why isn't it called archon vortex?"
Khaldor: "It's probably because it's a pretty shitty feeling when you get caught in it."
Let your voice be heard: vote for your favorite quote!
The poll is now closed: thanks for your participation!
If you like what we do and wanna support us, other than the obvious get a t-shirt thing, you can do it by following us on twitter and facebook, it really helps!
Closing, have great holidays from the SC2QOTD team!
Credits: SC2QOTD team / graphics by fenrysk
Poll code ref: 42928