If you don't want to play on b.net, I have a solution. You can play starcraft on my LAN using hamachi (peer to peer network program downloaded from www.hamachi.cc) and typing in user name "sc-gosu" and password "gosu". Note that you will need patch 1.12 to play.
Important information when connecting to my server:
- Make sure Hamachi version 0.9.9.7 is installed.
- Make sure Brood wars 1.12 is installed.
- Feel free to create and join games in the starcraft LAN(UDP) lobby.
- For security reasons, disable file sharing on the Hamachi connection by going to network places, network connections, looking for the Hamachi Network Interface connection, click properties, and disabling microsoft file and printer sharing.
- Only a maximum of 12 people are allowed on one server, therefore i have created 2 others: sc-gosu1 and sc-gosu2 aswell as the original sc-gosu. All have the same password 'gosu'.
GG.net - Alternative to B.net Thread