These changes should have little or no effect on gameplays, since SC:R will allegedly be compatible with BW 1.16.
Patch Will Happen 3/30 US Time. More details soon?
StarCraft v1.18a Patch Notes
StarCraft and Brood War will now be completely FREE.
Specific Changes & Improvements
* Please “Run as Admin” during patching; it is required by modern operating systems and your first client run will migrate saves to avoid issues from Windows system admin changes
- Added windowed fullscreen or windowed mode; use Alt+Enter to switch between
- Added UTF-8 support
- Added Keybind options
- Added cursor clamping in game while windowed; unclamped in menus
- Added Popular Maps to streamline finding games or game types
- Added options to display actions per minute
- Added Observer mode
- Added opponent information when joining a game lobby
- Added autosaving for replays
- Added in game timer option
- Added UPnP support
- Improved gameplay responsiveness during multiplayer by increasing turn rate to match LAN speeds over Battle.net
- Improved UI layout in Battle.net sections
- Improved behavior of available lobbies within the Join game section
- Improved compatibility with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
- Improved anticheat
- Improved installation and patching performance
- Native support for Fish
- Fixed palette issues to correct rainbow water, 80s Kerrigan, and other graphic glitches
- Fixed problems with LAN game discovery
- Fixed IME support and other text artifacts in Battle.net menus
- LAN and Legacy Battle.net fixes
- Valkyries will fire missiles regardless of population size
- Dragoons will not freeze and require a Stop order before accepting new orders
- Mac is not supported this patch, but is in progress
- The profile section is currently unavailable
With Blizzard keen to improve BW functionality and play experience, what other features, add-ons, or bugs do you think Blizzard should add to the game?