What I've tried
- Decrease amount playing SC, more breaks (duh)
- Tried to map A to caps lock on broodwar, did not work
- Tried to map A to caps lock using a windows program to forcibly do it. It worked. However, the problem is that my fingers are too short to have pinkie on caps lock and index finger on 0. I do need to use 0 regularly in the game I play. So this is not a long term solution.
When I do the 2a3a4a I tilt my left hand left and right like a seesaw to get pinkie to hit a and index finger to hit a number. If I don't retract / curl in my left ring finger, it bumps into keys. If I had longer fingers, I don't think this would be a problem since my hand could hover further above the keyboard and do the seesaw motion where the left ring finger wouldn't have to be curled in.
I wonder if anyone else has had this problem and what they did
I'm 5'7, my fingers are somewhat shorter than average but not that much
Another idea I had was to map both s and a to attack in starcraft. And then I could just translate/hover my hand to the right. However, S is for stop which I occasionally use.
Currently, this is my bandaid solution:
- use a windows program to forcibly map both caps lock and a to a so that my left pinkie has more room/ is less cramped
- am trying to train myself to get use to using my thumb for 0 since my index finger cannot reach 0 if my pinkie is on caps lock