What I'm seeing atm is game obs showing the game in the same way we're all watching replays on our own personal computer (mass clicking on buildings/units, using mouse scroll at high speed on long distance, spam boxing groups of units, changing locations every second and so on). That's not how it should be done because as a viewer it's not a good experience to watch a game like this.
Watch how professional korean games were obsed to compare, they were more focused on the "game story" than showing every single little things to the viewers.
- No spam of any kind.
- The mouse (border) scroll is used at the minimum and at the lowest speed. Instead they're using the arrow keys.
- Clicking on a unit/building is only used when it matters.
- They try to hide the mouse cursor as much as possible.
- They click on the mini map to change locations.
- And many others little tricks here and there.
What it's doing is viewers can easily figure out the pace of the game without beeing constantly eye spammed and it makes a BIG difference.
It would be really nice if game obs try to improve on this area. Look few pro games and focus on how things are done obs wise. I know that nowadays game obs & caster are usualy the same person so it makes it even more difficult to do but it's worth it.