- Keeps on getting disconnected from Battle.Net and have to log in over and over again (I think BN kicks you out even if there is a split of a second missing connectivity)
- [my opinion]: when logging to the server, the default account should be the one that was used last time, not the one with most games / most time played etc. Right now it's kind of random
- Cannot view ladder game stats when using "View Profile" ? (it always seems to show 0-0 for other players, you can only see your own statistics) // UPDATE: /stats <nick> work better now, but doesn't display MMR.
- A way to turn on / off friends notifications through a command (/f on and /f off), as when it's only in the menus you cant switch it when on battle net. (it's naturall to switch it off during a game and turn it on when in chat)
- I think a lot of bugs still when using different commands on the server; messages to people on other servers are getting lost, /dnd acts weird (if it all) and there is no notification if it is on or off. Cannot add friends on other server;
- Naming of replays has to be changed, it's impossible to search for a game that happened in past. The game name should at minimum consist of player names, possibly races or map name (as long as the name is not too long for SC to read it). Current autosave naming convention makes collecting replays kinda worthless
- SD graphics look WAY WORST than original SC graphics. The blur effect doesn't improvie it by an inch.
- Keep on working on 1v1 matchmaking algorythm. IDEA, a step model: initial 30 seconds look for players with close MMR/good latency, 30-60 second - extend latency range (TR10-12), 60+ second extend MMR range and regions, 120+ 300~ MMR range + latency up to TR10.
- In observer mode, players gas sometimes drops down from several hundreds to exactly 0, just to go back up to the original value after a few seconds. Might affect minerals too, but I havent seen it. (probably the calculation of how much gas there is goes wrong when it is reduced from on certain value to another, and fixes itself when some more gas is mined)
- In observer mode, if you remove some of the panels, you sometimes cannot click on anything on the bottom of the screen, the cursor image doesnt even change. In general observer layout makes buildings at the bottom of the map not possibe to see or select
- Improve in game reconnection after a disconnect. It should be easier to verify the player identity now that you have a launcher controlling the game in the background. Vast majority of disconnects end up not reconnecting.
- 2x and 4x speed on replays seems to be same / close to the same (tested on 2 computers)
- F10 menu in game loads slowly; Preload the menu?
- Improve latency when opening user profiles (it takes a long time to load now)
- /whois <channel> command doesn't work
- Implement 2v2 matchmaking
- Possibly a clan feature. It is possible to create something with a tag via starlogg, but there are no commands like /c m (message clan members) or /c l (list clan members). A simple method to solve it: 1 person can have only one clan, so we only need a command like /c add <nick>. That means you create a clan list and you automatically become a "clan leader". You can /c add and /c remove people that share /c l(ist) and can use /c m(essage). If you use /c add once, you cannot be added to another team. You can use /c mod <nick> to give same permission of addind / removing other members. The only considaration left is how to avoid players being added to "team" without them wanting it.
- Combine Europe, US West and US Easy ?! [addressed by Blizzard]
- For replays / obs:
a. amount of controlled units bar (like SC2)
b. amount of lost units bar (like SC2)
c. researched upgrades bar
d. first person replays (was developed in original SC)
- Gaming profile summary should include statistics like:
a. winrate per matchup (and count of games)
b. winrate per map (and count of games)
c. other useful things, because what we have now (amount of gathered
resources, points collected, average apm) is worthless
- Creep spawners need to be reimplemented. The current ASL map Sparkle highlights the possibilities neutral creep offers in map design/balancing and having a source for semi-permanent creep available is something invaluable (even though it was originally a glitch – so many other things are too!) This should be a quick and easy addition and is the only hard map incompatibility between 1.16 and 1.18++ melee game mode, and fully compatible (competitive) melee gaming is supposedly what SCR is all about.
- The back-side cliffs in ash terrain should have their darker shading back, not just because they look kind of structureless and flat in the new graphics but mainly because this corrupts lost of very useful (and necessary) terrain blends for advanced map making.
- Start from Replay option (like in SC2)
- Host can promote observers to referees. Referees can do everything that a player can, including talking to people, allying people, ping the minimap, etc. In addition to that, they would obviously still have the observer features. This is a very useful and simple community building feature, and it allows for easier group training. We should be able to talk to people we want.
- Working League system
- Ability to either set colors specifically, or have 1v1's directly change colors to red/blue in observer mode. Ability to swap player colors on command (i.e. red player is now blue, and vice versa)
- All-Chat/Referee chat to players when in observer slot
- Observer slot scalable to >4 if smaller map.
- Observers to have best-efforts networking, meaning the two players dont have to worry about how many obs exist. This would be hard AS FUCK for the engineers to do, but GOOD GOD it would be awesome for live events.
- Ability to set where center of screen is for following-units. This is because on some casting gigs, people fill the bottom with overlay stuff, making the "center" of the screen slightly higher than the exact middle of the monitor. Makes easier obs/casting experience.
- Top right player stats/info box to be set width
- Open API or ability to read player names/races/color directly from games actively observing. That would be dope for automated overlays. I know you can do it retro for replays, but live events are difficult.
- Option to disable/reassign F5 key (as a player I hit it quite often when trying to hit F5, same progamers!)
- Replay and observer intefaces to be exact same or similar window positions. (Why is the replay unit window so massive?)
- Text to display map name over/under player stats on top right.
- While in game pressing the "+" key opens the chat log window. It would be handy if pressing "+" key again would close the window.
- Race picking on ladder (ability to select specific match ups rather than race, e.g TvZ, ZvP, ZvT)
- Consider changing the fog of war from full black to grey (like in SC2) allowing to see the starting positions and the shape of the map. (could be turn on / off)
- Observers should be able to see units being produced when selecting a building, upgrades being researched or what is inside a shuttle/dropship/overlord. (should be possible to turn on / off)
- Rematch feature
- Antihack (understanding is there is no real antihack protection)
- Yellow pipe in terran layout should be redesigned (looks awful) https://i.imgur.com/Eem4qXU.png
- Game lobby player join and full lobby sound notifications
- Select a random map from the folder
I'll keep on adding to OP as you guys throw ideas.
Topic on battle.net forums: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20761977669#1