I'm a low level Broodwar player (which must be a huge confession here) and frequently get frustrated by the fact that by joining "noob only" games I often encounter good players (not just good noobs but really good players). Also, I'm annoyed by the childish and bad attitude some players show (cursing, blaming team mates for existing in this world, insulting players who win because this clearly means they're cheating, ...).
I respect all the SC enthusiasts who aim to improve their skills tremendously in the (false) hope to defeat Flash one day. I just don't find the time to become one myself, yet still would like to play the game (a contradiction?).
Thus, here I am, searching for other real noobs who'd like to meet sometime in order to play private games FOR FUN. Feel free to PM me or post in this thread in case you can refer to the following:
1. I'm really a noob. Not a total idiot, but a noob;
2. I don't mind losing; I can live with the fact that my team mate should consider playing pacman instead;
3. My APM is low (I don't want to state a specific number but be aware that 200 is not low. NOT low.) except for when I'm spamming random keys because it's cool;
4. I have basic knowledge about macro/micro aspects, so I don't build ten bunkers around my mineral field, go 4-hatch first or send my arbiter with 40 energy to the enemy base and wonder why recall doesn't work;
5. I don't wanna spend thousands of hours of practice in order to play online;
6. I like to improve, but SC is not amongst the most important things in my life (sorry Blizzard);
7. I want to play with/against other people who seek the causal fun online battle;
8. I'm - probably? of course! - fun and don't take myself too serious.
We would mostly play team games on a regular basis and seek to achieve balanced teams. Yes, some will be better, some will be worse. Get over it or bribe the best player.
You can add me as a friend: SaraLing#2809 (Europe) - feel free to write a few lines here though. I'm from Germany (if it should matter) but if nothing's going on on the Europe server I usually switch to US West. There are no particular times I'm online and I will anyway only randomly be able to play.
UPDATE: In the meanwhile people both from the "Europe" region and the "Americas" region added me, so it's actually not restricted to Europe!
PS: I'm aware of the "practice partners" thread and others. I don't use Discord :-)
PPS: I know that "noob" is a broad term; please let's not discuss "what exactly is a noob" here :-)