1) ZvP 12 hatch, 11 pool vs forge FE. probe finds zerg early quick and builds two pylons to block himself in behind minerals before planting a cannon
2) ZvT 12 hatch vs fast scv on a 2 player map that plants an e-bay where your natural should be
3) ZvP overpool vs forge FE. probe finds zerg early quick and throws down a pylon where your natural should be.
1) I normally never 12 hatch ZvP but against players who choose random I will often 12 hatch. am i supposed to just glitch drones through the mineral to kill the probe/cannons? how many am i supposed to do? are there better responses?
2) i've seen pro's respond to this in a couple different ways but the most common one i see is many drones being pulled off and they just kill the e-bay. how many drones? does it depend on how much health the e-bay has? if anyone knows the details of different response to the e-bay block I would be very interested.
3) i see the normal response in this situation is to switch locations of the natural and 3rd but lately I've been doing a 4 hatch before gas build that I am wondering what people thought of. when the pylon gets thrown down I just build my hatchery next to it but still close enough to the minerals so that 2-3 drones can still mine fairly efficiently. I then take my 3rd at a normal spot and take my 4th where the natural hatch is supposed to be and proceed to a normal 4 hatch before gas build. what I like most about this response is that as a zerg you are pretty much just doing a normal 4 hatch before gas build. the only difference i would say is that you are losing a SLIGHT amount of mining time from a few drones because the minerals are slightly further away but it's not for that long. in my experience so far I have been ahead of the toss from this response.
i made a quick video of case 3 to better illustrate the hatch position. With strategic pylon placement my natural hatch placement can be prevented but so far I haven't run into anyone who has done so.