+ Show Spoiler +
While watching the Shuttle vs Rain match, in game 3 Rain massacred Shuttle with just one DT early on.
A scenario not uncommon on any level of gosuness in BroodWar.
However, while watching the game (VOD), I got an idea of what Shuttle could have done to mitigate the damage, in my opinion at least 50% up to potentially like 80% less workers lost.
The idea is to jump workers over minerals, to a safe spot he already had available. Here's a picture.
Shuttle had plenty of time to jump the workers over in case he wanted to.
Here's when things happened:
- 5:44 Shuttle notices a DT in his natural
- 5:48 Shuttle has blocked the ramp with Dragoons
- 5:50 DT hits a Dragoon on ramp, announcing that the ramp will be breached
*here's when he could've started transfering probes behind the minerals*
- 5:54 DT is in the main base
- 5:59 DT kills the first probe
- 6:40 by now DT has killed a total of 18 workers, before dying.
This seems to me like one of the best possible moves against a DT in your mineral line, what do you think?
Note: Shuttle also had a shuttle to use to save the probes (by transferring them behind minerals or keeping some of them inside), but that's not the idea of this topic.
I'm interested in discussing the idea of mineral-jumping to the safe area behind the minerals, which is something that could be utilized in every game, while shuttle use is situational.