-- Uploaded on NA and EU as "Cockayne"! --
Hello SC2 players, fans and fellow mapmakers!
After reading Barrin's thread "Breadth of Gameplay in SC2 " I felt my whole view on SC2 changed and I began to think alot about what my next map has to look like.
After many days (and sleepless nights with lots of coffee) of making up a layout, refining it to some point and then ultimately scratching it, I ultimately was able to come up with a layout I was satisfied with.
Even tho the in its first state the map looked vastly different, the core idea has been there from the very beginning. The idea of reintroducing a 4p mirrored map which has all spawn possibilities enabled, which imo just wasn't possible with 8m2g.
After making like probably 20 versions with a lot of different improvements and refinements (thanks at my team TPW again <3) and a complete aesthetic overhaul (Agria and Zhakul'Das in the first version just kinda didn't mix well in the end) I can proudly present to you, my first 6m1hyg map!
Click for high quality
- high ground in front of natural requires you to get some map control first when expanding
- open middle makes for intense micro and positioning battles
- one watchtower in the middle for the players to fight over and establish a good position
- gold bases reward map control and expanding more
- variety of spawn possibilities for vastly different gameplay experiences
+ Show Spoiler [analyzer pictures] +
+ Show Spoiler [close-ups] +
Just test it and see for yourself!
Have fun and leave comments and criticism, I'm always open for suggestions!