RFDaemoniac - Tortuganic Crater wins the Map Jam & Challenge #1.
Begin: Saturday, Nov 10 3:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00)
End: Sunday, Nov 11 3:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00)
Topic2: Desert Oasis style main(s) info @ liquipedia
Rules: Combine the two topics in one map. Post your map overview and relevant details in this thread and have your map uploaded to EU/NA within the next 24 hours. Poll decides on winner with participants having one additional vote.
Note: Among all entries sent to me via PM two topics were selected randomly using www.randomizer.org. I cannot give you more information on the topics, they are presented in the way they were send to me. Hence you can interprete both the way you wish: 2v2 is not necessarily only 4 spawnpoints, can be a 2-, 3-, or 4-team setup (LunarColony, Tryador Keep and Magma Core respectively). Consequently not all mains need to be Desert Oasis style, but at least two.
- - -
- - -
What is the Map Jam & Challenge?
The Map Jam & Challenge is a format by and for the community.
The Map Jam & Challenge is a regular map making competition.
The Map Jam & Challenge wants you to be creative and quick.
The Map Jam & Challenge provokes thinking outside the box.
This is a format developed collaboratively with ScorpSCII and was motivated by MotM, CSL Map Jam and the Map Making Challenge.
Why do this?
It is all about challenging your fellow map makers with some strange idea and together to a 24h map making jam that will produce innovative, funny and crazy maps. From this format ideas may emerge that can be implemented to competitive maps - or maybe not. There is nothing to win like beta keys, sorry for that. I have no give aways, no tshirts. Also I do not own this format. This is an idea that i hope can be run by the community itself, without judges, organization, etc.
I know many will appreciate this. Here it is all about making maps. These may or may not be played. This is not the biggest point. We are looking for new ideas in maps and for new ways to make maps.
How does it work?
- every other month, 6 times a year starting mid-November.
- 24h to allow all timezones a few hours. Over the weekend might be a good idea.
- all participants send one a topic to the admin via PM(!), e.g. 'rocks' and 'low main'.
- By a randomized process two topics (!) are selected among all entries and made public to start the Map Jam & Challenge. This aspects helps to have no 'cheating' like preparing a map to give yourself more time.
- Within the 24h participants post the overview in this thread and upload their map to EU/NA (ask your fellow map makers at EU/NA)
- Public Vote decides on the winning map. Map makers who think they have the edge in evaluating how good a map is can post their choice in the thread to have a double-vote.
- win=fun and fame
The Map Jam & Challenge #1
The Map Jam & Challenge start Saturday, November 10th, 10:00EDT 15:00EST and runs 24hours. Topics need to be send to me via PM until one hour before the challenge starts. This gives the admin one hour to randomly select the double-topic. Via PM we will keep all ideas secret and fresh for the next round maybe and the double-topic is quite a surprise for everyone.
I'll try to admin for #1, Scorp SCII will do it for #2 and I hope some guys will pick it up in the future.
edit: you send ONE topic. Out of all suggestions two are picked and combined. i do not re-write your ideas, they have to be clear and/or will be interpreted by the community.