(2) Paradise Lost
Size : 162x124
Spawn Positions : 2 at 4,10
Published on [NA],[EU],[KR],[SEA] - [Official] Paradise Lost
This map is supported by KeSPA Proleague Lobby Mod, WCS GameHeart
+ Show Spoiler +
Elsecaro is a resort town on Tyrador IX planet, which has a variety of resorts and tourist attractions. However, Zerg attacked Elsecaro by the 'Defenders of Man', resulting many casualties. The peaceful city became a shambles by the 'Tal`Darim', which is trying to eradicate 'Defenders of Man' who rescued the survivors to get public sentiment.
Since then, people have started calling it 'Paradise Lost'. In the end, this place became a place of tragedy created by the 'Defenders of Man' by the fall of man.
'Paradise Lost' is an epic poem of the British poet, John Milton. This is the theme of the fall of man and the possibility of salvation.
'Paradise Lost' is a map that further enhances the island expansion's usability. Through 'New Gettysburg', we noticed island expansions give another fun at Starcraft II. In this map, new elements are applied to use more active island expansions.
- Sky Gate
Sky Gate is like Destructible Rock you know, but it blocks the air path. Air units as well as ground units can attack this gate. it is the same as Destructible Rock, with 2000hp and 3 armor.
- Narrow Path - It was removed.
+ Show Spoiler +https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfR_wf4dzM8
Narrow Path is created to help for players. If the first island resources were depleted, we could see that a lot of hands were going through the process of sending workers to the second island. To solve this problem, this map is applied Narrow Path with a small amount of minerals and Sight Blockers. It is clogged with four minerals of resource 10, and it is necessary to secure the sight to gather the minerals.
- There are three island expansions near each player's the main.
- Air Blocker blocks the area around the islands, and is marked in blue.
- At 6, 12 o'clock, there is 'Sky Gate' blocking the air route, which can be destroyed to open a new air route.
- The first island expansion can be easily defended by building a defensive tower(such as Missle Turret) on the side of the main base, but It requires a larger defensive radius for a large number of island expansions.
- Version 1.1
- Removed the 'Narrow Path'.
Among the many feedbacks, it was often said that the 'Narrow Path' was complex and unintuitive, causing the players to be confused.
- Created a new attack route. (Changed the third and the gold expansion's terrain.)
It showed stable games, but the game was too boring due to the third and the fourth which are so easily secured. As a result, the third's expansion's terrain was changed, and the gold expansion was redesigned to create a new attack route.
- Removed the diagonal rock between the third and the fourth.
The diagonal rock was removed because players can defend enough the third.
- Widened the central bridge and the central expansion's ramp.
It was widened for smooth troops movement in the mid-late game.
▶ Detail Design
+ Show Spoiler +