The Dutch StarCraft League (DSCL) is an open StarCraft 2-tournament held in the Netherlands. Anyone is free to join, as long as they are willing and able to come to the offline finals (if they make it that far). Players from all skill levels are welcome – it doesn’t matter if you’re a bronze player or a pro – and participation is free! The main goal of the tournament is having fun.
All info about the tournament is on the Dutch StarCraft League website. The format of the individual league, in a nutshell, is:
1) 12 online qualifiers. Top two get direct seed, the rest earn qualification points. 64 players (24 direct seed + 40 top points) qualify for the tournament.
2) Main Tournament - 4 separate 16-player double elimination brackets. Top two of each bracket move on to offline finals.
3) Live (offline) finals on June 1st 2013 - top 8 players play a double elimination bracket to determine the winner.
Team league: start in March. No qualifiers, all teams get seeded into double elimination brackets. Top 4 teams get invited to live finals event and play single elimination to determine the winner.
Teaser Trailer for the finals
The qualifiers have finished and both the Individual League and Team League have started! There are weekly broadcasts (on Thursdays and Sundays) and we're now taking seat reservations for the finals!
- Dutch StarCraft League website
- Facebook-page of the DSCL
- DSCL on Twitter
Bonus: We were on national television in October - Ret & Harstem were also there to play a live game. Check it out right here.
Note: when this topic was started, the tournament was introduced as a student-only tournament. You'll find the discussion leading up to the decision to make it completely open on the first few pages.