Polygon Gaming wants to provide a competitive environment for up-and-coming Starcraft talent on the NA server to show their skills. This is why we set up the Hope Team League, bringing you tomorrow's Starcraft today. This event will take place twice a week over five weeks beginning September 19th at 7:30 PM ET. A calendar is available here.
All matches played will be Best of 7 in all-kill format.
Detailed information can be obtained here.
View on Twitch.
We have donated $75 to the initial prize pool and gathered $150 of additional funding to start this event off with $225 of seed money. This event will have a winner-take-all pay out of $225 plus crowd funding distributed in the following ways:
- $25 to MVP of Finals (voted by audience)
- 65% to first place
- 35% to Polygon Gaming (expenses)
- Reclaim $70 investment (of $75)
- 35% to offset shipping-and-handling of Beef Jerky product to the audience
- 25% for advertisement
- 25% to pay staff: Admin, Observer, both Casters and the Emcee
- 15% to hire desktop publisher to design a sponsorship proposal for Hope Team League Season 2
- Reclaim $70 investment (of $75)
Rosters can be sent to polygonsc2(at)gmail.com. Only eight teams will be selected for this league in an effort to create the most competitive amateur league possible. This event is intended to contribute to a healthier North American scene and so we are limiting player selection to Foreigners only.
- All rosters must be submitted by September 12.
- Real ID only. No barcodes.
- No name changes allowed during league.
- Up to 15 players. All players must be tagged (and remain tagged).
- No additions or substitutions after deadline.
- 5200+ MMR players only. No Koreans.
Day 1 - September 19th
A vs B
C vs D
Day 2 - September 23th
E vs F
G vs H
September 26th - October 14th
The teams will each play every other team, accumulating points along the way. Each game won will earn one point, each game lost will lose one point and the two teams with the most points will be seeded into the main event. Ties will be handled in accordance with the rules which will be made available directly to the teams.
October 17th and October 21st
The two teams with the most points play a best o f7. If the second-seeded team wins, a second best of 7 is played on the following scheduled day.
Who We Are
The world of eSports is changing all around us. Colossal conglomerates have crumbled, empires extinguished and a new day has dawned. The next generation of eSports competition is here and it is known as Polygon Gaming. We understand the trends and forces that will shape the Starcraft 2 community and are swiftly moving to prepare for what is to come. We must get ready for tomorrow today. We have a long-term goal of success exemplified by undaunted dedication and unparalleled passion for the community around us.
Our mission declares our purpose as a team and serves as the standard against which we weigh our actions and decisions.
- Be a positive and influential force in the Starcraft 2 scene
- Create content, discussions and culture, always putting the community first
- Always maintain professional integrity while exuding individual personality
Our vision serves as the framework for our team and guides every aspect of Polygon Gaming by describing what we need to accomplish in order to continue achieving sustainable, quality growth.
- People: Inspire others to be all that they can be
- Productivity: Be a lean, effective and highly-responsive organization.
- Portfolio: Present to the world quality content that is interactive and engaging
- Partners: Nurture a communicative network of viewers, creators, sponsors, and players.
- Together we create mutual, enduring value.
- If you donate $10 to support the event, Krave Jerky has provided us with a limited supply of jerky to send
to United States residents while supplies last. Please support the event today!