Carolina Games Summit 2018 is a hybrid festival that brings Gamers and Developers together to play, learn and communicate! The event will be held in Goldsboro, NC and will begin on Saturday, February 3, 2018 continuing until Sunday, February 4, 2018.
This event includes many diverse games alongside StarCraft II including Magic The Gathering, YuGiOh, Overwatch, and more. Cosplaying is also encouraged.
Musical talent including SkyBlew, NoneLikeJoshua, D&D Slugger and Eight Bit Disaster will be performing as well.
View on Twitch.
VoDs available on YouTube.
Registration is available here.
- Registration costs $10, and includes
- participation in both days of the event
- entry into all tournaments and contests
- as well as concert entry.
Depending on player turn out, most matches will likely be Best of 3s until the Semi-Finals which will be a Best of 5. The Finals will be a Best of 7. Each round will have a default map selected by myself, and the loser of that map can pick the map from that point forward. Only maps within the current map pool allowed.
A few days ago, CGS was not planning on having a StarCraft II event. They said the last few years, turn out was low. Last year, only three people showed up. I told them we could do better, so today we have a StarCraft II tournament at the Carolina Gaming Summit.
They are prepared to give out a really awesome plaque for first prize. Second and third prize will receive trophies as well. But I think we can do better, so I set up a Matcherino crowd-funding page where you can help support local talent.
- 1st Prize: 75% of crowd-funding & a plaque
- 2nd Prize: 25% of crowd-funding & a trophy
- 3rd Prize: A trophy
I will also provide an hour of coaching (scheduled after the event) for the best-placing Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum player.
Who We Are
The world of eSports is changing all around us. Colossal conglomerates have crumbled, empires extinguished and a new day has dawned. The next generation of eSports competition is here and it is known as Polygon Gaming. We understand the trends and forces that will shape the Starcraft 2 community and are swiftly moving to prepare for what is to come. We must get ready for tomorrow today. We have a long-term goal of success exemplified by undaunted dedication and unparalleled passion for the community around us.
Our mission declares our purpose as a team and serves as the standard against which we weigh our actions and decisions.
- Be a positive and influential force in the Starcraft 2 scene
- Create content, discussions and culture, always putting the community first
- Always maintain professional integrity while exuding individual personality
Our vision serves as the framework for our team and guides every aspect of Polygon Gaming by describing what we need to accomplish in order to continue achieving sustainable, quality growth.
- People: Inspire others to be all that they can be
- Productivity: Be a lean, effective and highly-responsive organization.
- Portfolio: Present to the world quality content that is interactive and engaging
- Partners: Nurture a communicative network of viewers, creators, sponsors, and players.
- Together we create mutual, enduring value.