Here is my order from best to worse
Stukov Zagara Raynor Karax Nova Abathur Swann Artanis Vora Alarak Fenix Kerrigan
Good Offensive Commanders:
Good Defensive Commanders:
1. Mine aren’t affected by new mutation so use them for any ground composition.
2. Bio has enough units to split the damage so that on one unit will receive enough damage to be killed. Adding extra medics will also help to defray the total damage to any one unit.
3. Clearing any Hybrid spawn point will allow you to kill any ground Hybrid as soon as it spawns.
4. The right economy will allow you to replace any number of lost units within a short time.
1. Call Downs are almost useless as they do too much damage to survive more than a 10 seconds (Banshee) or 30 seconds (Hyperion).
2. When the Hybrid Detonate it’s hard to get all your forces away in time (especially Big Red Hybrid). Make sure to split off a smaller force to finish of any Hybrid.
3. Medics can die trying to run away if not behind your army be careful
1. Great map presence with Omega Worms
2. Creep will help to heal units.
3. Kerrigan’s shield will help to lessen the damage taken by the new mutation.
1. Kerrigan’s leaping strike and Dash will hurt her and as such must be used sparingly.
2. Immobilization wave will also hurt Kerrigan so again be prepared to not use her much after (if she is still alive).
3. Hyrdalisk have a large amount of DPS plus low health you will lose them frequently.
1. Tempest have a very large attack range (6 air/10 ground) so you can avoid detonations easily (attack a Hybrid then Shift move away to get out of range).
2. Zealots will help to keep ground forces away from your Tempests.
3. Tempest don’t have hit scan and have a low DPS so you won’t lose much HP from the new mutation and it will all be healed back.
4. Solar Bombardment and Orbital Strike are not affected by the new mutation use as much as possible.
1. Tempest anti ground has less range than anti-air so be careful.
2. Tempest are slow so map awareness is necessary to compensate.
Compsition: Goliath/Science Vessel/Static D
1. Goliath have a good anti air range so great for taking out the air Hybrid.
2. Science Vessel have a great heal and Defensive matrix works will to shield the front row for attacking units.
3. Static Defense can be used very well here, add in Automated Repair and you can survive almost anything.
4. Laser Drill is very powerful (This is also a negative)
5. A few SCVs around the Laser Drill can heal it through the basic attack.
1. Call Downs are almost useless although the mastery can help them last a bit longer (use them mostly for a bit of tanking and to help clear your expo)
2. Laser Drill will die after uses of the top bars as all damage will be returned to the Laser Drill
3. Tanks do too much damage to be very useful here, if you really want to use them try leaving them out of Siege mode.
1. All units die when used so new mutation and Hybrid detonations do not affect them.
2. Zagara’s Hydralisks does not affect Zagara so they can be used at any time.
3. Banes are powerful but does affect Zagara (Both positive and negative)
4. The right number of Banes and Scourge at a Hybrid Spawn location can clear entire waves as they spawn.
5. Roach drop is a great way to pull agro or clear a ground force.
1. Zagara’s Bane attack can do a lot of damage to Zagara be careful.
2. If you don’t have too many Banelings or Scourge you will sacrifice the rest when the Hybrid detonate (i.e. all scourge left after you kill the air Hybrid will not be able to get out in time).
1. Emergency Recall will pull all the units that are at 1 HP then the mutation will heal them back to mas or close to max HP, shields will regen themselves.
2. During Shadow Strike, your DT’s are invulnerable.
3. Disruption Web is a great crowd control.
4. Time Stop is a great way to avoid the last Hybrid attack wave.
1. Even with Blink it can be hard to avoid some of the nukes.
2. Corsairs have very low attack range to you have to be careful, even with Black Hole and micro you might still lose some.
3. Time Stop doesn’t stop the new mutation.
1. Carriers are not affected by new mutation.
2. Cannons can carry you till you have enough Carriers.
3. Spear of Adun is not affected by the new mutation use as much as possible.
4. The extra heals from the Spear and your Carriers almost make your units invulnerable.
5. You can use the stop command to pull all your interceptors back to avoid some loses.
6. Shield Batteries are more than enough to heal the damage done by your cannons.
1. All your interceptors will be lost to the first nuke if not watched.
2. Might need your ally to help clear your expo if you don’t feel comfortable clearing with just cannons.
3. Monoliths do huge damage and are prone to killing themselves without Batteries.
1. At a full stack of Biomass your Mutas are not affected by the new mutation.
2. Toxic nests are not affected by the new mutation, they are great for any ground comp.
3. Ultimate evolutions have enough HP to survive a few nukes, Symbiote will tank at least one.
4. Queens are great healers, although I didn’t make any.
1. A bit slow you start to steamroll, but once you have 8 full Biomass Mutas you should be fine.
2. Certain comps wont yield as much bio mas early on so watch your first Muta.
3. Without the Sundering Glaive, your Mutas are not good at taking out the Hybrid.
4. Mutas have a very low attack range so hard to avoid detonations. Add a fungal growth you will lose Mutas be careful about stacking to many in one spot. Use attack then Shift move to get away as soon as possible.
1. You can give your gas to your Ally.
2. Alarak with Upgrades can push Hybrid far away avoiding some detonations.
3. Empower Me is still powerful (good and bad here)
4. Structure Overcharge isn’t affected by the new mutation and 3 can clear almost any attack wave or Hybrid Spawn.
1. Every time you use an Alarak ability at least 2 Supplicants will die. During Empower me I’ve seen 12 die instantly be careful and have forward Warp-in points.
2. At times, it can be hard to keep enough Supplicants around Alarak add extra gateways if your macro isn’t up to par.
1. Tank Spider Mines are so good for dealing with any ground force or Hybrid.
2. Goliaths are great for dealing with any air attack wave.
3. Goliath Stun is great against air units.
4. Nuke is very powerful (both good and bad)
5. Snipe is very powerful (both good and bad)
6. Griffin Air Strike is a great way to avoid the new mutation.
7. Griffin Transport is a great way to avoid a detonation.
8. Raven Turrets will not affect the Raven. They are a great way to pull agro or finish a ground Hybrid.
1. A Nuke Call down will kill Nova lol.
2. Too many Snipes will kill Nova.
3. Slow army so hard to avoid some of the detonations while Griffin is on cool down.
4. Raven Seeker Missile will hurt the Raven.
1. Bunker has a great healing factor and high Armor.
2. Free units constantly spawn so losing units is never that bad.
3. It’s very easy to make new Bunker behind your Bunker line so you won’t lose new Bunkers being made.
4. If a Bunker is about to die simply unload and agro will be pulled away from the Bunker.
5. Most damage done by the Alexander is don’t buy the units it spawns so it avoids most of the new mutation. (For a fun trick if you mind control a Phoenix you can pick up a ground unit to mind control it)
1. Apocalisk is very hard to keep alive so be careful when you use it as it will die fast.
2. With the constant stream of units Hybrids have been known to be pulled all the way back to your bunker line (the 3rd hybrid is the most likely to do this, make sure to take them out fast).
1. Carriers are not affected by the new mutation.
2. Fenix can do great damage (little good mostly bad)
3. Arbiter Suit has a great crowd control, Detection, and Cloaking field.
4. Cannons can help defend your base and give you time to deal with attacking forces away from your current location.
5. Stop command can pull all your Interceptors back to avoid explosions and detonations.
1. Interceptors can die very fast if not watched.
2. Fenix will die very fast in the Dragoon suit so expect to die when you use his abilities.
3. Carriers are slow so map awareness or good use of the Arbiter Suit is nessasary.
Check out my Mutation videos here:
Check out my Twitch Channel here: