Here is my order from best to worse
Vorazun Alarak Nova Zagara Stukov Raynor Karax Swann Abathur Artanis Fenix Kerrigan
Good Anti-Air Commanders:
Good Anti-Ground Commanders:
1. Great anti-ground defense.
2. With good micro, you can kite every air unit besides Vikings with your Vikings with little to no loses.
3. Hyperion is a good way to clear early waves to help you finish your macro.
4. Banshee are great for clearing ground comps where you army can’t be or as added DPS if you need them with your army.
1. Anti-air can still be a problem even with Vikings, as they don’t have much health.
2. With Just Die and Inspiration Hyperion will have issues soloing attack waves that would normally be fine all by itself.
1. Kerrigan has great mobility
2. Hydralisks have great DPS
3. Ultras have great survivability
4. Immobilization wave is great for stunning large waves, unfortunately it doesn’t kill everything even with max mastery.
5. Omega Worms are always a good idea.
1. Just Die makes it hard for Kerrigan to solo later waves.
2. Hydralisks have great DPS but with Just Die you will lose them trying to take out most all attack waves.
3. Very difficult against air attack waves.
4. Immortals will destroy you Ultras and Hydras be carful
1. Tempest have great anti-ground attack range.
2. Zealots can be used to help keep ground forces away from your Tempests.
3. Solar Bombardment can be used very effectively with Zealots to keep the enemy forces in one place.
4. Guardian Shield and Shield Overcharge are great for keeping forces alive through Just Die
1. Tempest anti-air attack range is only 6 so be careful attacking the air units.
2. You will need a lot of Zealots to keep the enemy forces occupied, one of the first times that I didn’t have minerals for Tempest and built up a gas reserve.
Composition: Static D/Tank
1. No ground army will get through your defenses, although you might lose some turrets in front.
2. Hercules can be used to move Tanks around if you don’t have the proper split of your Tanks.
3. Laser Drill is a good way to clear the first set of HP of the enemies or the second.
4. Goliaths have good anti-air range although they have low HP compared to the enemy.
5. With the amount of money being used to build turrets you should have enough gas to use Immortality Protocol on Tanks.
1. Anti-air for Swann is very lacking because of Long Range, kiting with Goliaths will help although it’s not a lose free strategy.
2. If you don’t replace the turrets that you lose your Tanks will start to thin out.
Composition: Bane/Scourge (Bane glitch if you know it)
1. Banelings are a great way to clear ground forces.
2. Scourge have a hit scan so you will not use too many if you make too much.
3. Zagara has great abilities make sure to use Frenzy every time you can.
4. Infested Drop is a great way to pull agro away from you incoming units.
1. It can be easy to make too many Banes or Scourge in comparison to the other. Make sure to gauge the enemy comp and make the right amount of each.
2. The last couple waves can be hard to solo as Just Die makes it so you need to make twice as many Banes and Scourge. Make sure to call out the side you want and be prepared to reinforce your side after the first set of units.
Composition: Dark Templar/Corsair
1. Amazing ground and air damage.
2. Time Stop is a great way to clear forces or Thrashers.
3. Black Hole is a great way to get the most out of Corsairs and hold units in place to get a second wave of Shadow Strike if necessary.
4. With good macro, you should be able to get away with only 3 Gateways and 2 Stargates against any Composition.
1. Be careful about the number or DT’s and Corsairs that you make, If you make too much of one or the other certain attack waves will kill your army.
1. Cannons although get out ranged by most units with Long Range are a great way to slow or kill some units.
2. Extra minerals after making your Carriers can be used for Cannons.
3. Spear of Adun is a great way to kill things out of the range of your Cannons.
4. Carriers with Spear of Adun Repair and Repair Drones have great survivability.
5. Purifier Beam is a great way to clear enemy attacks waves, especially if they can be held in place with interceptors or your Cannons.
1. Energy from the Spear of Adun isn’t consistent and you can run out if you use too much of it. You will need other sources or DPS.
2. Cannons by themselves will get over run, Immortals especially, make sure to get your Carriers into place ASAP.
Composition: Devourer/Guardian/Viper/Ultimate Evolution
1. Vipers will make any ground comp unable to do any damage.
2. Devourers will destroy any air composition.
3. Guardians have a very long attack range so they should be out of the range of any ground force.
4. Ultimate Evolutions Symbiote will keep most all of your Ultimate Evolutions alive.
5. With good Bio Mass Micro, you should be able to get 1 or 2 Ultimate Evolution after the second wave.
6. Turning off auto attack on a few Toxic Nests can help you kill the first couple attack forces without the enemy killing the rocks.
1. Going up against a ground comp you will have very low DPS, make sure to use Viper Blinding Cloud to keep the enemies from doing any damage. Using Chokes will help to ensure that you can use the least amount of Blinding Clouds to stop all ground forces.
2. Without Toxic Nest Micro the first few attack waves will be hard to kill without a partners help.
1. Ascendants will kill any attack wave all by themselves.
2. Alarak or Structure Overcharge can clear the early waves.
3. First Structure Overcharge can clear your expo.
4. Empower Me can clear any attack wave after the second Wave attack.
1. Tanks with Long Range will target your Ascendants to be careful with them and make sure they are on a second control group by themselves to ensure accurate micro.
2. Alarak during later wave will sustain lots of damage so be careful as he will use all your Supplicants leaving very few for your Ascendants. I recommend leaving him in your base after you have 8 Ascendants.
1. Tank’s Spider Mines will clear any attack wave.
2. Tanks have an increasing attack range after being Sieged for a time use this to your advantage.
3. Liberators have good splash damage and good DPS, use them against air forces.
4. Goliaths have good anti-air range and have a stun that can be used to great effect.
5. Raven Turrets and Seeker Missile are great for pulling agro and AOE respectively.
6. Nukes and Snipe are a great way to clear enemies or Hybrid respectively.
7. Liberator Freedom Mode is a great way to do damage to the Hybrid.
1. Nova does better against ground comps so be careful against air, make sure to use Defensive Drones to keep your army alive.
2. Early Banes and Zerglings can be a problem for Stealth Nova make sure to switch suit to suit the attack wave.
1. Great survivability.
2. Bunkers can be unloaded to get rid of agro on a specific Bunker.
3. Tanks are a great way to clear large ground attack waves.
4. Apocalisk and the Alexander are great for clearing waves or helping with air units that are attacking your bunkers with Long Range.
5. Infest Structure can also be used to remove the agro from a Bunker.
1. Any air unit with long attack range and Immortals will destroy any bunker wall so make sure to unload bunkers to deal with them.
2. Just Die makes waves that would normally be easily soloed by either the Apocalisk or Alexander impossible to solo. Use them to get you time or to enhance any attack wave.
1. Fenix can so well on the first couple attack waves, giving you enough time to finish powering up.
2. Fenix has multiple suits so use them all and build up energy.
3. Carriers that use good micro will be able to deal with any attack wave.
4. Carrier production can support 6 Starports after all the upgrades.
1. Carriers even at max supply will have issues dealing with Hybrid, Battle Cruisers, as they both have a Yamato that can take out a Carrier after 2 hits.
2. Since the new patch enemy units will target your Carriers so be sure to micro them to deal with the new AI.
3. Be sure to make Carriers constantly as some attack wave will kill your Carriers even with the best micro (see 1)
4. Fenix Dragoon and Praetor armor will die fast halfway through the mission and later be careful using him.
Check out my Mutation videos here:
Check out my Twitch Channel here: