Here is my order from best to worse
Nova Alarak Kerrigan Stukov Vorazun Artanis Karax Swann Zagara Abathur Raynor Fenix
Good Offensive Commanders:
Good Defensive Commanders:
1. Mines are great for dealing with any ground force.
2. With good micro, you can avoid pulls with your Vikings (although they have low HP watch out).
3. Tanks in Siege Mode will not be pulled.
4. Hyperion attacks while moving so dps won’t be affected as much as other units while being pulled.
1. Hyperion’s Yamato is a channeled ability so if you kill anything while casting it will be interrupted.
2. Banshees kill things too fast so you won’t get much use out of them.
3. The Purifier Beam will kill you Spider Mines so you will need to reset them over and over again.
4. Vikings have low HP be careful about pulls and don’t be afraid to just pull back.
Composition: Kerrigan/Hyrdalisk/Omega Worm.
1. Kerrigan’s Immobilization wave can kill entire waves as well as clear any forces at an encampment.
2. Hydras have great dps for the Rifts so great to use after you clear an area.
3. After clearing with Immobilization Kerrigan’s Lighting Spilt attack can clear Broodings fast.
4. Leaping Strike doesn’t get affected until after the hit so use as much as you like.
1. Psionic Shift will end as soon as you kill an enemy so avoid this as you won’t get as much out of it.
2. Hydras will die if there is too many enemies so only pull them out of the Omega once most enemies are cleared.
1. Zealots do good damage against all ground units.
2. Tempest have high HP and aren’t hit scan so the pulls won’t be as many when you use them.
3. Solar Bombardment can clear the first Rift and the second attack wave. As well as any attack wave after.
4. Guardian Shield is great for helping to keep your units alive.
1. Pull still affect Tempest so their Dps will still get affected even with their long attack range.
1. Tanks are not affected by pulls in Siege Mode.
2. Goliaths have long attack range, they still can be pulled so only use them for air units.
3. The Laser Drill is great for clearing attack waves and encampments. With Flame Turrets at home the Broodings won’t hurt your base so you can keep units elsewhere on the map.
4. Hercules allow you to move tanks in Siege Mode, they also have good HP so they should survive many pulls.
5. Turrets can’t be pulled so they are great for defense if needed.
6. Easy to Cheese this mission with a Raynor partner with the Laser Drill and Scans on the Rifts.
1. Air comps are hard to deal with so be careful and think about rerolls for ground comps.
2. Goliaths will be pulled so be careful and move away if you get pulled to far in.
1. Banes will be helped by pulls so they can clear any attack force.
2. Scourge can clear the air units very fast and are great for Sniping the Rifts if you need to.
3. Zagara’s Hydras do great damage and can help Zagara get away if spawned far enough away from her.
4. Roach drop is good for pulling agro away from you army, although they might start a pull chain that makes it hard to pull back.
1. Scourge are great for Rifts but won’t help you clear ground units.
2. Banes can clear buildings while attacking encampments and start a pull chain with the Broodings that will spawn be careful about getting too far in.
3. Zagara’s Baneling ability will be interrupted If it kills an enemy so make sure to cast it from far away or be aware that she might not cast every Baneling.
1. DT’s are good melee units and have good Dps for the Rifts.
2. Corsairs have good DPs to grouped units.
3. Black Hole is great for clearing enemy attack waves and if you need to clear enemy encampments you can use more than one to help keep enemies from being able to attack.
4. Time Stop can make it possible to snipe Rifts or clear any Encampment with relative ease.
5. Corsair’s Disruption Web can help to stop enemy damage while not using Black Hole.
1. Shadow Strike will be interrupted as soon as an enemy unit is killed, think about turning off auto cast.
2. You can run out of energy for Black Hole if you use too much be careful.
3. Your units will still die even with great micro as they are melee units if they are killed give yourself time for Emergency Recall to go off cooldown if you are worried.
Composition: Static Defense/ Offensive Static Defense.
1. Buildings are not affected by pulls.
2. You can create a wall and units won’t be pulled across the buildings, this is useful to keep your Probe alive.
3. Energizes add a lot of DPS make sure to make them.
4. Spear of Adun can be used to help your partner push if you chose to just defend.
5. Repair Beam will keep most Mechanical units alive through pulls.
6. A single Cannon surrounded by Batteries can hold a Purifier Beam for the whole mission, use this to keep your Defenses alive.
1. A bit harder to deal with tons of Broodings as Static Defense doesn’t have AOE, use the Spear of Adun if you are worried.
2. Purifier Beams will seek out your defense be watchful.
1. Great survivability.
2. Against air units Devourers will do huge damage.
3. Guardians have a very long attack range and can avoid most pulls.
4. Queens can keep your army alive.
5. Toxic Nest are great for dealing with a ground attack force and add tons of Bio Mass.
1. Low DPS unless you are against air units.
2. Devourers have a long attack animation so be mindful about killing ground units while they attack as the DPS will be greatly affected. Consider multiple control groups to pull back the right units.
1. Ascendants are great for clearing any enemy unit, within an encampment or an attack force.
2. Ascendants have a super long range so make sure to use the orb as enemies come to you to get the most out of it.
3. Mothership is a great way to deal with enemy forces while your army deployed elsewhere.
4. Structure Overcharge is great for defense or offense against the Rifts.
1. Ascendants have horrible DPS against buildings. A good partner can help or using Structure Overcharge can help.
2. Alarak as a melee attacking unit will get pulled so consider leaving him at your base in order to keep more Supplicants alive for your Ascendants.
1. Tanks won’t be pulled in Siege Mode.
2. Spider Mines will help clear any ground attack force.
3. Griffin Air Strike is great for clearing attack waves and Enemy Encampments.
4. Use the Air Lift if you need to get away from pulls or the Purifier Beam.
5. Nova is great for Sniping unit from afar to avoid the pulls.
6. Liberators can be put into Siege Mode, this will make them unaffected by pulls and able to do great damage to the Rifts.
7. Ravens can be used to pull the beams away from your army if you can spare the micro.
1. Anti-air can be a problem as your Liberators will be pulled when out of Siege Mode.
2. Tanks in Siege Mode can’t move and will be targeted by the Purifier Beam. Think about pulling the beam away with Ravens or just your units.
Composition: Bunker/Tank/Infested Marines.
1. Bunkers are unaffected by the pulls in Bunker Mode.
2. Call downs are a great way to clear attack waves and encampments.
3. Sending small sets of infested (5-10) at a time can help to deal with the pulls.
4. Tank are not affected by pulls in Siege Mode.
5. Alexander is great for air units and has good Dps with the Infested that are spawned.
1. If you use you call downs while a partner is attacking you will make it very difficult to let them get away, as call downs attacks are set to auto cast. Use them by themselves if you can.
2. It’s hard to move out your Bunkers to the middle of the map as the Purifier Beam will target them.
3. With the constant stream of infested the Beam will camp out on the path to the enemy bases. Be careful about just letting them rally straight out.
1. Scouts kill Broodings very fast.
2. Scouts anti-ground attack is hit scan.
3. Scouts have good anti-air
4. Fenix can clear the first attack waves by himself.
5. Using the Arbiter suit to Stasis can help to limit the number of pulls and enemy dps when attacking.
6. Pulls will pull the Scouts into the ground attack range.
7. Very fast build time will help to keep your army at a high supply count.
8. Praetor Suit is good for pulling agro and tanking damage.
1. Scouts have low HP so you will lose them, 6 Stargates will help to keep a large supply.
2. Fenix Dragoon Suit and Praetor Suit will lose his usefulness as the mission progresses.
3. AOE air attacks can clear all of you Scouts think about presplits or sending in smaller attack forces.
Check out my Mutation videos here:
Check out my Twitch Channel here: