Here is my order from best to worse
Stukov Nova Karax Alarak Kerrigan Zagara Abathur Vorazun Raynor Swann Artanis Fenix
Good Offensive Commanders:
Good Defensive Commanders:
1. Great defensive ability with Turrets and Spider Mines.
2. Able to use call downs to deal with the first wave and Thrasher.
3. Hyperion and Orbital Rallies are a great way to clear the mine ahead of time.
4. You can send in Vultures and place Spider Mines on top of the Thrashers to kill them very fast and not have to make a frontal assault.
5. Scans will help with dealing with any cloaked unit.
1. First wave will be difficult to get detection without sacrificing some part of your economy, either a mule or a CC because of the Engineering bay and Turret.
2. Banshee will get tossed around pretty easily best to use them for the initial AOE and clearing Mag-Mines.
1. Lurkers will not be pulled by the Fatal Attraction.
2. Kerrigan’s Immobilization Wave is great for clearing enemy attack waves or encampments.
3. Zerglings can be made to help clear the Mag-Mines before sending troops in. Otherwise maxing out Energy Regeneration Mastery can help Kerrigan do the same with Leaping Strike.
1. Air units will be tough to deal with as Hydras will just be pulled and Kerrigan has no anti-air ability.
2. Kerrigan will have to use only leaping Strike because as soon as she kills a unit with her dash it cancels the rest of the animation and damage,
1. Zealots are partially helped by the pull.
2. Tempests have a long ground attack range and don’t have hit scan so killing enemies can be avoided or done from a long range.
3. Solar Bombardment can be used to deal with the first thrasher as well as the enemies surrounding the Thrasher with a bit of micro.
4. Disintegration can also be used to kill an enemy while you are far away from the unit as it’s a DOT spell.
5. Whirlwind seems to continue to cast through a pull.
6. A Zealot or 2 can be used to clear Mag-Mines ahead of time.
1. Tempests have a shorter air attack range and are more subject to the pull.
2. Tempest are slow and it makes I harder to avoid mines without attention.
1. Tanks are unaffected by the pull while in Siege Mode.
2. Turrets are also unaffected by the pull.
3. Laser Drill has good DPS and can be used to clear attack waves or encampments without engaging with your forces.
4. Hercules are great for hot pickups of forces that are in danger and can teleport your whole army.
5. Combat Drop is a great way to clear the Mag-Mines or just do a bit of tanking.
6. A Turret and a Flaming Betty can deal with the first attack wave.
1. Detection can be a problem as Science Vessels will be affected by the pull and you will lose quite a few even with good micro.
2. Anti-air will be a problem so be careful while doing a frontal attack.
1. Baneling and Scourge are partially helped by the pull.
2. Scourge are great for sniping the Thrashers.
3. Zagara can cast abilities from far enough away to avoid most of the pulls.
4. Roach Drop can deal with almost all the mines in a location.
5. Zerglings are disposable so they can clear the rest of the Mag-Mines in an area.
1. Detection can be pulled while not in siege mode make sure to leap frog your detection to avoid losing too many.
2. Mag-Mines have a large explosion radius and Ling Bane Scourge can bunch up easily so make sure to watch your forces to avoid losing them all.
Composition: DT/Corsair (if an Air Comp)
1. DTs are great for killing the Thrashers.
2. Time Stop combined with multiple control groups can make it easy to kill all the Thrashers during one Time Stop.
3. Corsairs will do great damage while enemy units are in a Black Hole. Make sure to use Black Hole for any attack wave.
1. Detection will be a big problem as Oracles don’t have a siege mode and they will be the only uncloaked unit in your army.
2. Corsairs are very easily affected by the pulls as they are basically a melee unit.
Composition: Static Defense.
1. Cannons are not affected by the pull.
2. Observers can be used to help gain you vision: for when Cannons get destroyed or to help your partner push.
3. If you make a wall with batteries and Pylons you can stop your probe from being pulled past your wall to help keep your Probes alive.
4. Monoliths have a very large attack range.
5. Purifier Beam will help you clear enemies ahead of your army to avoid the pulls.
1. Karax can find it a bit tough to clear the Mag-Mines as he doesn’t have cheap units to sacrifices. Hopefully you ally can deal with the Mag-Mines.
Composition: Swarm Host.
1. Swarm Host are great for clearing mines and giving you units that can deal with pulls as they are free units.
2. Deep Tunnel will allow you to reinforce your army while keeping forces at home for defense and also allowing you to turn off the ultimate evolution auto upgrade to keep all your Swarm Host as Swarm Hosts.
3. Toxic Nest can deal with the first attack wave even without detection.
4. Overseers can siege to help avoid the pulls.
1. Swarm Host have a bit of delay after you deploy the Locus and if they die you will be left with time between locus waves with no forces.
2. Brutalisks will be affected by pulls so make sure to hold them back or not sure them.
1. Ascendants have a very long attack range using the Orbs so you can avoid the pulls.
2. Havocs have a Force Field ability, you can use this to make a wall to stop your forces from being pulled too far.
3. Mothership is great to deal with Mag-Mines or help with a push.
4. Alarak can deal with the first Thrashers with or without detection.
1. Alarak need all his unit for Sacrifice so have units to send in for the Mag-Mines.
2. Pulls can still mess with your army even if you micro Havocs well so be careful about mines as you can lose your whole army quick.
1. Tanks and Liberators can be put in Siege Mode to avoid the pulls.
2. Nova can be revived with minerals to make use that you have detection at all times.
3. Griffin Air Strike can be used to clear enemy attack waves and encampment before you attack.
4. Nova is Assault Mode can be used to clear the Mag-Mines.
5. Defensive Drone can help you tank a hit from a Mag-Mine, or if you have a defensive Matrix active it can save a unit from death.
1. Minerals might be an issue as you will use a lot of minerals to keep Nova alive if you use her to clear the Mag-Mines.
2. Anti-air will be an issue best to use the Griffin Air Strike to clear them.
Composition: Bunker/Infested Terran
1. Civilians can be used to clear the Mag-Mines.
2. Bunkers are not affected by the pull.
3. Bunkers will continually create units to help deal with the enemy encampments.
4. The Alexander can be used to clear the Mag-Mines and deal with any enemy units.
5. The Apocalisk is also great for the Mines.
6. Infested Terrans can be made to help with any push or to deal with an attack wave when your Bunkers are empty.
7. Infested Turrets can be used to get detection before you make your Starport.
8. Infested Queens can be used to make units into detectors or best used on an ally’s hero unit.
1. Overseers must be in Siege Mode to avoid the pulls.
2. You must get all the way to a Starport to be able to make Overseers.
1. Carriers interceptors can be used to tank a few Mag-Mines.
2. Fenix Arbiter Suit can be used to have detection when you need it.
3. You don’t need any tech to make cannons for detection for the first attack wave.
1. Not much that can deal with the pulls or the Mag-Mines.
Check out my Mutation videos here:
Check out my Twitch Channel here: