Here is my order from best to worse
Stukov Raynor Karax Abathur Nova Kerrigan Alarak Zagara Vorazun Artanis Swann Fenix
Couple things to add
1. While not focusing on your army make sure to give them an attack move command to avoid the Orbital Strike from Amon.
2. Avoid using any units to defend against the missiles as Aggressive Deployment will come to your base even with units out on the field. Keep an army out on the field with above strategy.
1. Early game can be carried by your call downs (there is a brief time that you will need bunkers if your ally can’t hold of a bit.
2. Bunkers don’t have a projectile so they will not be affected by the PDDs that come with the missiles.
3. Hyperion is great for dealing with the first Shuttles and the attack wave that comes with it.
4. Bunkers don’t count as units so the Aggressive deployment won’t come to your mineral line.
1. With the proper build order, you will find it a bit slow to get to the right amount of production, once you do however you will be fine.
1. Kerrigan is super mobile and she will be ready for the first attack wave with a bit on micro from a set of Zerglings to keep the enemy forces busy.
2. Omega Worms are great for keeping your army mobile and escaping Orbital Strike if you notice too late.
3. Ultras tank very well and allow your Hydras to get into range more easily.
4. Kerrigan’s attack can destroy any missile in one hit.
1. If Aggressive Deployment hits while your army is in an Omega Worm they will go from your mineral line so be careful and unload at your mineral line ASAP.
2. With full Vespene mastery you might find it hard to find extra minerals for missile defense.
1. Solar Bombardment can be used on the first shuttles.
2. Tempest are great against the shuttles and have great attack range.
3. Zealots are a great way to pull agro from your Tempests.
4. Guardian Shield and Shield Overcharge are a great way to save your army from Orbital Strike or help you deal with the units that come with a shuttle.
1. Early attack wave can be a bit tough to deal with especially if you want to go for a quick Nexus.
Composition: Goliath/Science Vessel Add Tanks against a ground composition.
1. Goliaths have great attack range and do great damage to the shuttles.
2. Tanks can do great damage to any ground composition.
3. Science Vessels will help you stay alive and get you detection.
4. If you are going for Tanks Turrets will be easier to come by as you will be low on gas and minerals will build up.
5. Turrets (Flame and Rocket) can be added easily if you are worried about the early game.
1. Goliaths are very mineral heavy in comparison to vespene so turrets are a bit harder to come by with a Goliaths only compositions.
2. All missile turrets have a projectile so you will need to make a bit more to deal with the Nuke Missiles.
1. Bane Nest is all you need for the first attack wave and then Zagara will be out to deal with the rest of the mission.
2. Scourge are great against the shuttles and any air units.
3. You can find minerals for Spore Crawlers any time you want as you will build up minerals very quickly as you will need Scourge for the shuttles.
4. Zagara is great for the early game and the first shuttles.
5. Army is easily recovered even if you lose it to Orbital Strikes.
1. Zergling are not good by themselves mid to late game so make sure to make Banelings if there is a ground army.
2. Larva might be an issue for the last shuttles without queens are enough Hatcheries.
Composition: Dark Templar/Corsair.
1. Corsairs with Black Hole destroy any air comp.
2. DT’s even is small amounts are great against any ground comp.
3. Time Stop is great for Shuttles and the attack wave the comps with them.
4. Against air comps Corsairs can be masses to deal with any anything, turning off auto cast for Disruption Web can make sure that you can stop any ground attack.
1. Early game is tough without a good partner as you will only have your Shadow Guard and you want to deal with your expo rocks with your first Shadow Guard.
2. AOE can destroy your Corsairs very fast make sure to save Black Holes for attack waves if you recently used Emergency Recall.
Composition: Static Defense
1. Monoliths can one shot missiles.
2. Cannons can deal with the first attack waves.
3. Energizers will help to increase attack speed of your missile defense.
4. Purifier Beam is a great way to help with the first shuttle or the attack wave that comes at the same time.
5. When are focusing on missile defense you might build up Spear of Adun energy so feel free to use it liberally.
1. First Shuttles might be tough as you will want to focus on both yours and your partners missile defense. You will need your partners help.
2. Orbital Strike will kill Static Defense when Amon uses it so you will need to replace what you lose.
1. The early attack wave can be dealt with just Toxic Nests.
2. Mutas and Devourers do great damage to the shuttles and any air unit.
3. With Bio Mass, you units will stay at high health for most of the mission.
4. Vipers will help to keep your army alive with Abduct and Blinding Cloud there will be little that will harm your army.
5. As all of these units are gas heavy you will have extra minerals for Spore and Spine Crawlers.
1. The early Aggressive Deployment might come to an area where you won’t have Toxic Nest so dealing with that might be tough the future waves however you will have more than enough to deal with them.
1. Ascendants can deal with shuttles and attack wave with ease.
2. Even Aggressive Deployment right on top of your army can be dealt with the Alarak’s Wave attack and Ascendants Orb attack.
3. With good micro, you can avoid almost all damage with Alarak and Ascendant abilities.
4. Mothership is a great way to move about the map and deal with attack waves when your army is not in position.
1. It will be hard to find the minerals that you need to make Cannons with Sacrificing Supplicants to both Alarak and Ascendants. If you are getting hit too many times take some time and build at least 4 Cannons per base.
1. Marines are all you need for the first attack wave and to deal with your rocks.
2. Tanks are a great way to deal with Aggressive Deployment, simply spam mines to deal with any ground attack force when they spawn.
3. Raven are great at pulling agro away from your army.
4. Goliaths have great attack range so the shuttles and a stun to non-heroic units.
5. With the small number of units and no need to Orbital Rally you won’t need to make as much turrets to defend your base.
1. Turrets are not the best defense against missiles so be careful when you see Nuke missiles coming.
2. Late game might be a bit tough as you will lose forces trying to avoid Amon’s Orbital Strike and the Aggressive Deployment.
1. You can focus on base defense and let you free Bunker spawns and the Infested Civilians do most of the early work.
2. Apocalisk can be used on the first attack wave and the first shuttle.
3. Alexander can be used to deal with shuttle and attack waves with ease.
4. With your Infested always out on the map you should be able to make forward Bunkers and avoid most of the Orbital Strikes. The Infested seem to pull all the Orbital Strike agro.
1. Carriers are will leave you with extra minerals so that you can make Cannons to defend against the missiles.
2. You can micro Carriers while they continue to attack allowing you to avoid Orbital Strike and avoid too much damage to your Carriers.
3. Fenix can deal with the first attack wave, or you can just use your hero Zealot.
1. Orbital Strike can destroy all your Carriers so be careful and move them around while not watching your army.
2. Energy regeneration can be slow so make sure to swap suits to keep the energy up for random attack waves if you army isn’t in place.
Check out my Mutation videos here:
Check out my Twitch Channel here: