Quick thing to start make sure when killing a Hybrid to Right-click the Hybrid and then Shift Right-click away as this will help you move away as fast as possible.
Also if you don’t have an ability to jump away of the hp to tank a nuke make sure to pull a small force to finish of a Hybrid.
Here is my order from best to worse
Raynor Abathur Zagara Stukov Vorazun Karax Fenix Kerrigan Alarak Artanis Dehaka Swann Nova
Good Offensive Commanders:
All Commanders are Capable of Offense
Good Defensive Commanders:
1. Spider Mines can clear any ground force and all ground Hybrid
2. Bio is very good for clearing and with enough Medics can hold for a long time.
3. Mules allow you to spam Spider Mines and build a Bio force.
4. Calldowns can be used for small bits of DPS, the Banshee can be used for more if you keep pulling them back.
1. Nukes will kill your Spider Mines so make sure that you make more than one layer of Mines.
2. Certain Hybrid will detonate immediately so you will lose forces no matter what make sure to use a smaller force to kill them.
3. Hyperion has very high attack speed and can fire and move at the same time so even if you pull it back it might still kill itself.
1. Zerglings can out heal the damage from the Double Edge. Especially on Creep.
2. Kerrigan can use Immobilization Wave to kill large groups and she won’t die because of the Double Edge damage.
3. Omega Worms are great as usual.
4. Kerrigan can avoid most Nukes by using Shift and Leaping Strike to jump away immediately.
1. Hydras and Lings can survive a Nuke.
2. Kerrigan will kill herself with Leaping Strike and her Dash Ability. Even her normal attack will kill her.
3. First wave will be tough so be sure to make Lings or communicate with your partner.
1. Zealots are a great mineral dump.
2. Tempest have great attack range.
3. Tempest have a very slow attack so it will take a lot of shots to die from Double Edge.
4. Solar Bombardment is great for at least 3 of the Shards. Make sure to use it on the first Shard asap.
5. Guardian Shell is great for avoiding the Nukes.
1. Hard to run from air Hybrid as the range is much slower.
2. Assaulting the last shard can be tough as your army will have to engage for so long to finish hit off. If you disengage for too long then the enemies will re spawn, but if you Engage for too long all your forces will die.
Composition: Goliath/Science Vessel
1. Goliaths have a very large attack range and thus can avoid some if not all of the Hybrid Nukes.
2. Science vessels are great for heals and they also have the defensive matrix to keep units alive.
3. Laser Drill with 3 to 4 SCVs repairing and out heal any basic damage done by the drill.
4. Goliath can be more easily replaced than other units like tanks and Thors so it not as bad to lose them.
1. Tanks do too much damage in Siege Mode as they will just kill themselves.
2. The Laser Drill will kill itself when ever you use the Concentrated Beam or the Pulse Cannon.
3. If up against Terran Battle Cruisers will target the Science Vessels so make sure to use Defensive Matrix on the Science Vessels.
1. Baneling and Scourge are suicide units and thus wont be hurt by the Nukes.
2. Scourge are great against any Air units and even the Shards.
3. Zagara's Hyrdaslisks don't hurt Zagara so feel free to use them as much as possible Plus they are great to use to finish off a Hybrid if you don't have any Baneling present.
4. Infested Drop is great for pulling aggro or finishing off Hybrid.
1. Zagara will kill herself with just her regular attack. Her Baneling ability will either kill her outright or severely damage her so be careful.
2. Zerlings will suicide if going against a Hybrid once the nuke detonates so either: only use Banelings, or a small set of Zerlings to avoid losing your whole army.
3. Make sure to control your army as sending in too many units to kill a Hybrid will make you lose everything to a Nuke as none of her unit can survive a Nuke.
1. Dts are invulnerable during Shadow Strike so Double Edge doesn't effect them during the attack.
2. Corsairs are great for air units in a Black Hole and have a great crowd control.
3. Time Stop is great for sniping the Rifts. Black Hole is a great way to deal with attack waves and especially the Hybrid.
4. A well timed Blink can get you away from a Nuke .
1. While Shadow Strike is on cool down you are not immune to Double Edge and your Dts will do mare than enough damage to kill themselves be careful.
2. You wont be able to solo kill a Shard after the 2nd Shard during a Time Stop. Make sure to communicate with your ally.
1. Carriers dont receive any damage from Double Edge the Interceptors do, and the Interceptors can mostly out heal he damage they receive.
2. Repair Drones and Orbital Repairs can keep any unit alive through most any damage they receive.
3. Spear of Adun is great for Snipping Hybrids. Lower their health and then press stop to pull back interceptors to avoid losing them to the Nuke.
4. With new (old) AI units dont attack the Carriers so they survive so muc longer.
1. Karax Is slow to start and thus will have a hard time dealing with the first set of Shards. Going for Static Defense can help with the first Shards but ti will make getting Carriers slower.
2. Carriers require a lot of gas and getting all the Spear of Adun upgrades will be slow or it will cut into your early Carrier count.
1. Queens are great at healing your army.
2. Brutalisks and Leviathans can tank up to 3 Nukes with the right heals and Symbiotic cool down times.
3. Roaches are a great way to get rid of extra minerals and can be used to finish off a low health Hybrid without losing any high cost units.
4. Devourers are great for anti-air and the Rifts.
5. Toxic Nests are a great way to deal with ground Hybrid.
1. With poor army control you can lose your entire army to a few Nukes be careful especially with your queens.
1. With only going for Supplicants you can give all but one gas to you partner, you can give them all after you get some upgrades.
2. Supplicants have a very low dps and will find it hard to ever kill themselves from Double Edge.
3. With the amount of damage that Alarak will do with every wave you should never have to worry about cool downs for any ability.
4. The push back ability will keep the Hybrid away from you avoiding the Nukes.
1. You must be on top off your production of Supplicants to keep Alarak alive make sure to make forward Pylons to keep Alarak surrounded by Supplicants. You you'll need 8 Gateways at least to use all your minerals.
Composition: Marines/Tank (for Spider Mines only)/Raven/Goliaths.
1. Marines have decent health and a low enough Dps to not immediately kill themselves.
2. Tanks are great for laying Spider Mines to kill the ground Hybrid. You might need 2 to 4 sets of Tanks to lay enough Spider Mines though.
3. Raven Turrets are a great way to pull aggro and they wont damage the Ravens when used. The Seeker Missiles will hurt the Raven however so use them sparingly.
4. Goliaths can help to keep enemy air units for doing much damage wit the stun.
5. Defensive Drones will help to keep your units alive.
1. Snipe will kill Nova, only use it once and try to stick to Sabotage Drone.
2. Any other units besides the ones in this comp will do too much damage and just kill themselves.
Composition: Infested Marines/Infested Colonists.
1. Infest Marines are great for dealing with Shards and for helping with Hybrids. Avoid making to many to deal with Hybrids as you don't want to trow too many away.
2. Colonists are the best dealing with the Hybrids as they are free units. Make sure to prioritize their upgrades for this mission.
3. Alexander is great for clearing Rifts as the Cannon doesn't do much damage and then the Spawned units will deal with the rest.
4. You can move your Barracks to you expos to help deal with the rest of the Shards after the second Shard.
1. Apockolisk will die very fast so be aware that it wont have much utility.
2. First wave might be a bit tough if you don't make a Bunker.
1. Carriers don't take any damage from Double Edge.
2. Fenix can deal with the first attack wave you might take some damage to you Town Hall however. I recommend getting a hero Zealot however.
3. The Arbiter suit is great fro dealing with one Hybrid at a time be using Stasis to hold some back.
4. The Praetor Suit is great for tanking damage and the shield ability helps to keep him alive through most damage.
1. Fenix will kill himself very fast in the Dragoon suit so be ready to pull him back fast or lose him fast.
2. A bit slow to get carriers out so you might need a bit of help with the second Shard. As the first is not well deafened and Fenix can solo it with Micro, but the second is not soloable with just Fenix.
1. Dehaka can be used to jump away from your army and eat a low (or full) health Hybrid move the Nuke Detonation away from you army.
2. Dehaka can tank a few Nukes depending on the Essence that he has collected so far.
3. Ravasurs have a very long attack range and can e used to kill a ground Hybrid without getting hit by the Nuke.
4. Dehaka can tank any damage from assaulting a Shard.
1. His army doesn't have the ability to tank any Nuke so be careful.
2. If you Devour a full health Hybrid you will not be able to use the ability for a long time.
Check out my Mutation videos here:
Check out my Twitch Channel here: