Here is my order from best to worse
Stukov Raynor Abathur Swann Karax Kerrigan Nova Vorazun Zagara Alarak Dehaka Fenix Artanis
Good Offensive Commanders:
All Commanders can do offense
Good Defensive Commanders:
Vorazun (Cloaked Cannons)
1. Spider Mines at your ramps with Bunkers can deal with any Infested Attack wave.
2. Hyperion does a lot to deal with any attack force and can deal with the first train.
3. Banshee calldown can be used with no repercussions this week (Yay no Double Edge).
4. Bio force is great for dealing with any attack wave and can easily be replaced.
5. Spider Mines will also deal damage to the train for extra DPS.
1. Since recent nerf to the Spider Mines they don’t do as much to clear waves as they did before make sure to not only depend on the Spider Mines and have a good bio force. Use the Mines as a fall back location and for defense.
2. If you just A-move this army AOE will be a big problem be sure to pre-split and stutter-step.
1. Kerrigan can solo the first train and has Immobilization wave to deal with most every attack wave.
2. Omega Worms are great for creep spread, vision and army movement. Make sure to use them as much as possible. Side note is that you can also use them to presplit your army by unloading from more than one at a time.
3. Ultras can survive almost anything.
4. Adding 1 Zergling can also help to add extra DPS to the trains with their Armor Shredding ability.
5. Just a few Lurkers at each ramp and some Spore and Spine Crawler can deal with every Infested attack wave.
1. Air attack waves can be hard to deal with as your anti-air is limited. Be sure to use the Immobilization wave to help as much as possible.
1. Immortals and Dragoons have a lot of DPS against the trains. Sutter step micro will help you get as much DPS as possible.
2. Dragoon attack range is greater than the Immortals so you should be able to tank a lot of hit with the Immortals. Make sure to get the extra Shield ability for the Immortals.
3. Solar Bombardment is great for the first train and a few other attack waves throughout the mission.
4. With your Dragoons on a separate control group it will allow you to deal with flying units more easily and keep your Dragoons behind the Immortals.
1. Flying units like Liberators can be difficult to deal with as they don’t have hit scan and targeting might not be what you like. Make sure to deal with the air units as fast as possible leaving the group units to the immortals.
2. With most of your minerals going to Dragoons you might not have much left for defense o your main. Be sure to watch your ramps or split to top and bottom watch your own ramps (although this requires your partner dealing with their own side).
Composition: Siege Tank/Goliath/Science Vessel/Hercules.
1. Tanks do great damage to the trains and have a very long range.
2. Goliaths are great for the air units and have a double attack to help with the trains.
3. Laser Drill is great for dealing with the forces that come with the trains and a few attack waves that come when you might be out of position.
4. Swann has great static defense so be sure to make some turrets to deal with the Infested that come throughout the mission.
1. Early game is a bit slow and losing your first tanks can be tough.
2. Goliaths do so much better in large number try not to lose much in the beginning.
3. Infested that spawn from the trains can over whelm the Siege Tanks if they spawn on top of them. Be sure to pick them up if that happens.
Composition: Zergling/Baneling/Scourge. I know but really what else is there lol.
1. Zagara can solo the first train and then deal with the first and second attack wave.
2. Banelings can deal with the first Infested before Zagara is hatched.
3. Zerglings can add great DPS to the train with Armor Shred.
4. Any air attack force can be dealt with easily with Scourge.
5. Banes kill all ground forces.
1. If you lose too many units taking care of the attack waves trains or Infested you might only have Zerglings to deal with what is left making it hard to get to your large death ball be careful. Taking your time and adding a few extra Banelings and Scourge can make a huge difference.
1. DT’s do a lot of damage to the trains.
2. Corsairs have a great crowd control. Make sure to turn a few off auto cast so that you will never be without a Disruption Web when you need it.
3. Time Stop is great for dealing with attack waves and the attack forces that come with the trains.
4. Black Hole is great for any attack wave and especially air units make sure to save energy for Black Holes.
1. As always, your detection is the only unit of your army that isn’t Cloaked so be sure to baby sit your Oracles to keep them alive.
2. You early game is a bit slow think about adding a few cloaked Cannons to deal with the first Infested. The first ones are melee so surrounding a Dark Pylon can keep it alive no matter how long you need.
Composition: Static Defense.
1. You can deal with the first attack wave, train and Infested without any help. You should be able to defend your ramps and deal with the trains with only to locations of Static Defense.
2. Spear of Adun is great for army that comes with the trains and Solar Lance is great for attack waves.
3. Purifier Beam can be used to take care of the attack forces that come with the trains.
4. Make sure to make Energizers to help increase the DPS of all your units.
5. Observers in Siege mode will make sure to get the most range out of all your Static Defense.
1. You will have a lot of Defense but not a lot of AOE so be careful about all the infested that spawn for the trains. Make sure to not put any Energizers on the tracks as they will die fast.
1. Ultimate Evolutions are so good since the mastery point fix. They basicly never die.
2. Toxic Nests can deal with the first attack wave and the Infested although you will need to make some static defense to deal with the later Infested that come to attack.
3. Vipers can keep any ground force from being able to do any damage. Make sure to use Disabling Cloud to keep all your forces alive.
4. Queens are great at keeping all your forces alive.
5. Devourers are great at dealing with any and all air units.
1. Toxic Nest won’t be able to deal with all the Infested attack waves and Spine Crawlers will need help. Deep Tunnel is great for dealing with the stragglers so be sure to use it as much as possible the cool down is very short.
2. DPS is a bit low with this army just be sure to attack early to help get the most time to deal with the trains.
1. Ascendants are good against the attack waves and the trains.
2. Alarak can solo the first attack wave and the train.
3. Structure Overcharge can deal with your rocks and deal with many attack waves. You should be able to help with the first train if you build a few Pylons on the low ground.
1. With so much Minerals going into your Supplicants you won’t have much extra minerals for Cannons on the ramps be sure to watch your ramps and adjust accordingly.
Composition: Liberator/Goliath/Siege Tank/Raven/Marine.
1. Liberators are good at doing great damage to the trains.
2. Goliaths deal well with the air units. Their Stun is great against Battle Cruisers.
3. Tanks have Spider Mines and a very large attack range.
4. Ravens are great for pulling agro away from your army be sure to use Turrets in front of your army.
5. Nova can deal with the first attack wave and then you should have units to help with the first train.
1. Nova’s Turrets are not that good with dealing with Aberrations so be sure to watch your ramp and think about using Spider Mines to help defend your base.
Composition: Bunker/Siege Tank/Infested Marines.
1. Bunker can defend your ramps and help deal with the trains only making them it two locations.
2. Bunkers have great DPS and will constantly create more units.
3. Siege Tanks add a huge amount of DPS against the trains and a great way to deal with the Infested that spawn for units and the trains.
4. Once you get to around 180 supply use your barracks to add units to location as you need them so that you will always be able to reinforce as you need.
1. A bit slow to start but your call downs should deal with anything that comes before you get enough Bunkers out however.
1. Fenix can deal with the first attack wave and the first train with good ability micro can deal with the first train.
2. An early hero Zealot is great for the rocks and the first Infested.
3. Carriers survive so much more since the AI nerf.
4. Zealots are great for pulling agro away from the Carriers can adding a bit of ground AOE.
5. Once you get to about mid-way in you should be able to transition from Zealots to cannons to defend your base.
1. Fenix is good for the begging of the mission but loses potency as mission progresses. Be sure to use the Arbiter suit more and the Praetor suit to tank damage that’s about it.
1. Dehaka can easily deal with the first attack wave and the Infested that come first.
2. Mutalisks are a great mobile attack force.
3. Dehaka only get more powerful so make sure to use all the abilities as much as possible.
4. Zerglings are a great way to add more dps and a way to use minerals.
5. Be sure to add a bit of static defense to the ramps to deal with the Infested.
6. Call downs are great for so many things so use them as much as possible.
1. The only real con for Dehaka is the ramp defense. The Worms do good damage but they don’t have AOE so Aberrations can be difficult.
Check out my Mutation videos here:
Check out my Twitch Channel here: