You can join the promotion, it's 100% free:
- each week during the promo, pick 6 of 20 company stocks
- 3 of the stocks you think will go up next week – and 3 you think will go down
- In the following trading week (Monday to Friday), your picks are simulated
- If your picks are amongst the best, you can win your share of $36,000 total prize money
- the weeks are independent from each other, so you can join anytime between today and May 19
(To participate, you need a free account. To register on our sites, you have to be at majority age in your jurisdiction.)
Win two hours of private coaching with Grubby!
All you have to do is post here why you think you deserve to win the coaching lessons with Grubby!
(promo finished, Grubby will announce winners soon.)
What is tradimo?
tradimo is a free school & community for online trading.
Online trading includes a wide range of topics:
- smart long-term investing to preserve & build your savings
- short-term trading, e.g. day trading and swing trading
- investing into company stocks, index funds or state bonds
- trading currencies/forex, CFDs, options
Why do you guys have a sponsored thread here at TeamLiquid?
1. As a company, we've got some history in terms of eSports:
- tradimo itself is a stream sponsor of Grubby – because we identify strongly with his work ethics, engagement with fans and creativity in playing style.
- The sister site of tradimo, PokerStrategy.com, is the world's largest poker school & community. Many of the most successful poker players at PokerStrategy.com have an eSports background.
- PokerStrategy.com sponsored the TeamLiquid StarLeague 2 + 3 and some other smaller stuff, such as the PokerStrategy.com League that finished in December 2012.
- Many in our team have an eSports background as well.
2. We think eSports, poker & trading share similar skill sets.
Many professional poker players come from two backgrounds: eSports & trading.
We believe this is not by accident – but gamers, poker players and traders share many skills and talents:
- enjoyment of competition
- dealing with incomplete information (fog of war == what will other market participants do?)
- collaborating online with other players to learn new strategies & gain insights.
- psychological factors such as managing your emotions
3. We genuinely believe that many people have too little knowledge about trading and finance.
We think that today, trading / finance has become more important for everyone.
On the one hand, the Internet made the cost of trading shrink – and now “everyone” can do it.
On the other hand, the financial crisis showed that there’s little things you can rely on:
- Does my bank advisor really recommend me something wise?
- Is cash safe? Or will inflation eat it up?
- Are bonds safe? Or can a government go default?
I've got questions!
Great, you should have!
Trading is a complex field, and we heavily recommend to critically question everything.
We turned some of the most common questions into articles:
- Can a small scale trader be successful, with all these big banks in the market?
- Why is it recommended to start with a demo account, i.e. start without real money?
- How much time do I need to invest into learning trading?
- If tradimo is free, how do you guys finance yourself?
What does tradimo offer to me?
- We’ve already got 150 lessons on the various subjects, and continue to add new ones.
- With quizzes, you can check & track your progress. After you pass a quiz, you get recommendations where to continue.
- Videos help to understand complicated subjects and “consume” information in a different way.
- Our team promise you a quick, friendly and helpful answer on all your questions in the forum.
- Discuss your investment strategy or individual trades with the community/other traders.
- Build a network of like-minded people that makes you stronger and more motivated.
- Chosing the right broker – being aware of the cost of trading.
- Chosing the right trading software – and find tutorials to set it up properly.
- Exchange experiences about brokers in the forum.
Visit tradimo and see for yourself