Things that go here:
- Your goals for any specific lift (powerlifting, olympic lifting, strongman, Bodybuilding)
- Your goals for body weight/body fat (Going up a class? Down a class? Time for those beach abs? Is winter coming?)
- Your day to day workouts, and updates on your progress towards those goals
- quick recap of that workout, comments on the lifts, progress, or routines of other members
Things that do NOT go here:
- "what routine should I do" is covered in the general training sticky, general thread, or Q/A sticky.
- "How do I get ready for (sport) season coming up?" goes in a sport-specific thread. Don't see one? Start one!
- Running, swimming, rowing, jump rope, etc. because Cardio goals are not weightlifting.
- life updates, youtube videos (unless they're of your PRs) and general community chatter still goes in the general thread.
Remember that goals should be SMART goals. That stands for
Specific - A goal should have a number to be hit, a start date, and an end date.
Measurable - Keep track of your progress, and know that you are going to hit your goals on time
Attainable - Everyone starts somewhere. Stick to the possible, but push for what seems impossible.
Relevant - This is weightlifting. I want to see goals in the powerlifts, oly lifts, strongman, body weight, and body fat.
Timed - Are you going to do this in three months? Six? If the goal seems too far off, consider making it two or more goals.
Please post your goals updates in the following format:
start date || goal date
Bodyweight: (current) to (goal)
Squat: (current) to (goal)
Deadlift: (current) to (goal)
Bench Press: (current) to (goal)
Press: (current) to (goal)
Clean & Jerk: (current) to (goal)
Snatch: (current) to (goal)
Followed by any other lifts or miscellaneous goals you would like to track.
It's nice if you note whether the lift is weighed in pounds or kilos - I will be tracking forum totals (current) in Kilos only, but I don't mind converting there.
+ Show Spoiler +
1/05/13 || 3/15/13
Bodyweight: 87kg to 100kg
Squat: 100kg to 120 kg
Deadlift: Unknown to 140kg
Bench Press: 80kg to 100kg
Clean & Jerk: 70kg to 100kg
Snatch: 50kg to 70kg
Misc: Keep the hip healthy. All goals are achievable - I've been past most of them before - so long as I do this.
Bodyweight: 80kg to 90kg
Squat: ~120 kg to 160 kg
Deadlift: ~140 kg to 190 kg
Bench: Unknown to 90 kg
OHP: ~40kg to 60 kg
01/01/2013 -> 31/03/2012
Press: 62.5kg 1RM to 72.5kg
Log Press: 75kg 1RM to 85kg
01/01/2013 || 07/01/2013 (mo/day/yr)
Bodyweight: 145 lbs / 65kg to 150-155 lbs.
Dips: 65kg 5 RM to 100 kg 1 RM ---- Total = 65kg bodyweight + 100 kg = 165 kg
One Arm Chinups: 1 rep to 5 reps
1/8/13 || 3/31/13
Bodyweight: 77kg to 75kg
Squat: 132kg to 154kg
Deadlift: 159kg to 181kg
Bench Press: 84kg to 97.5kg
Power Clean: 81.5kg to 90.5kg
start date 01/01/2013 || goal date 31/12/2013
Bodyweight: (250) to (250)
Squat: (405) to (500)
Deadlift: (500) to (600)
Bench Press: (320) to (400)
push Press: (225) to (275)
Goal for 07/04/2013 (7 April)
Bodyweight: 83kg to 80kg
Squat: 147.5kg to 165kg (3x5)
Deadlift: 175kg to 190kg (1x5)
Bench Press: 90kg to 102.5kg (3x5)
Overhead Press: 62.5kg to 70kg (3x5)
Jan 1, 2013 || March 29, 2013 (start of spring break)
Bodyweight: 170lb/77kg to 160lb(72-72kg)
Squat: 250lb to 275lb
Deadlift: 315lb to 365lb
Bench Press: 180lb to 200lb
Press: 105lb to 120lb(hoping at least 3x3 at this weight)
Chins: BW+25lb to BW+45lb
2/15/2013 || 4/20/2013
Bodyweight: 165lb to 165lb
Height: 5'9, age 32
Squat: 258.82* to 275
Deadlift: 376.99* to 400
Bench Press: 225 to 255
Total: 860.81 to 930 (301 wilks)
03/10/2013 || 05/31/2013
Squat: 5x5 110 kg
Deadlift: 1x5 130 kg
Bench Press: 5x5 85 kg
Forum Totals 2013:
+ Show Spoiler +
Squat: 1090 kg
Deadlift: 1232 kg
Bench Press: 689.5 kg
Clean & Jerk: 70kg
Totals updated through BenKen's post.
Forum Totals 2012:
+ Show Spoiler +
Bench Press: 1055.5kg
Clean & Jerk: 380kg