God damn I'm an artist. Anyways, State of the Game is packing up and going to Boston for PAX East zomG!
We have quite the panel of competitive gaming badasses coming with us:
- JP McDaniel -- MLG Caster / Producer, Host of State of the Game
- Sean 'Day' Plott -- Caster, CEO DAY TV
- Dan 'Artosis' Stemkoski -- GSL Caster and one-half of Tastosis
- Geoff 'iNcontroL' Robninson -- Pro SC2 Player for Team Evil Geniuses
- Mark 'MarkMan' Julio -- MadCatz Sponsorship Manager (he ESPORTS now)
- Kevin Lin -- COO, Twitch.TV
- Marcus 'DjWHEAT' Graham -- Caster, Twitch.TV Rep, OMG.tv CEO
- Brad Shoemaker -- Editor, GiantBomb.com
And of course the time, day, and location!
------->Wyvern Theatre, Sunday 10:30am - 11:30am on April 8th, 2012<-------
As of 3/1/2012 there are still Sunday passes available and you can go to HERE register and purchase ($35)
While I won't make the actual show notes until the weekend of (just so everything is fresh) we do have some general themes (AKA something PAX requested for their brochure)
Competitive gaming has always been a community shunned by mainstream press but it's still continued to grow. In 2011 we saw the biggest growth for the industry from all angles. We're looking to get even more mainstream gaming eyes on the industry by featuring journalists, casters, players, and other industry professionals for a morning of laughs and learning as we talk all things competitive gaming.
What I really want to know is what do people want to see us talk about at a panel like this? The sky is really the limit and we only have one hour, but it should be a good time. We plan to record audio of this and I would like to record a video version as well, even if it is just a static camera because not sure if we'll have a camera man.
Thanks guys and see you there!
Edit: Last year we had people line up an hour prior to the show and they weren't let in because of how fast it filled up. Get there early if you want a seat. The theater (as far as I know) isn't that large.