I'll list some interesting trivia of facts which might be little known to the foreign fans as I find them out! Will keep updating during my stay here.
- They pronounce FXOTear like you would a tear from the eye.
- FXOTear says there is no meaning to his name, neither "tear as in to rip" nor the "tear from the eye". That answer didn't satisfy, so I quizzed, "if you had to pick a meaning, which one would you go for?". He gesticulated to rip (probably his enemies).
- From the FXO.kr members, JkS has the best English
- Leenock and Kong are among the youngest members
- Choya and Supreme are functioning as coaches
- I am the oldest one in the house right now lol (1986)On January 04 2013 18:38 Wafflelisk wrote:
What do they all like to eat for breakfast? I find myself lacking knowledge of progamer diets =(
- This: http://t.co/HxkaGX2uOn January 04 2013 18:40 Torte de Lini wrote:
Whats the practice routine like?
- 10am start, 2 am finish. Two 2-hour breaks for food. Sometimes people relax a bit more than the strict routine, sometimes they are all playing (I'm not fully aware what exceptions exist. For example, are there free days in a week etc?)On January 04 2013 19:36 Fragile51 wrote:
Does the team do anything physical, like go on jogs/the gym or something similar to keep in good physical condition? I remember slayers always used to play soccer every so often.
- A bunch of them go to the gym, some (like Lucky) 6x a week. They'll do 50% cardio at least or more, and some weight training for example for chest or arms (at least from what I saw today, only went along once so far). They play soccer in spring too, apparently they're the #2 team in soccer only losing to MVP haha.On January 04 2013 20:11 GreyStar wrote:
So they have a 10am-2pm practice requirement?
- No it's a little looser than that. Some people go to bed earlier, while others wake up or start later. It's not as strict as I made it sound, these are just the hours people generally practice in. No one can really reach that and feel healthy for a long period of time I don't think.
NEW UPDATES 05 January:On January 05 2013 02:49 bram--1995 wrote:
what do the players do in there spare time?
- They socialize in other parts of the house, a handful go fitness together. Some read anime's on the PC or watch Korean drama shows. Basically the Korean equivalent of what Western hardcore gamers would also do in their off time.On January 05 2013 03:13 mcmartini wrote:
Who has impressed you the most in terms of gameplay and hand speed?
- Because he is also Protoss (my race), that's FXOTear. The house immediately said he's their Top protoss, and he's very fast. He's also got some very cool builds which have been really inspiring in general.On January 05 2013 03:50 frequency wrote:
JKS has the best English? I always thought his English was good but he seemed to scared to type it :O
- JkS previously said his speaking is better than his writing due to hands-on experience.On January 05 2013 03:50 Whitewing wrote:
Who is the best singer on the team?
- Well I'm sitting right behind Choya and I can confirm it's not Choya for sure. The others have been shy to sing. Should I check if I can get them drunk, go to a Karaoke bar, put on some Kelly Clarkson and tape the whole thing?On January 05 2013 18:17 JOJOsc2news wrote:
This is great. Thanks for doing this.
How is the atmosphere in the house?
On a scale of OR (operating room) to LAN party, where would you place it?
- Solidly in the middle; a jovial opera room.On January 05 2013 18:30 Oboeman wrote:
can you elaborate on the roles of the coaches, and what kind of work they do with the players?Show nested quote +Strangely, i read all of that in your voice... LOL
me too, and i even visualized him speaking into a webcam as if it were a vlog.
- Think gentle adjustments. Nudge to wake up, directions on how to practice, showing builds, etc. It helps that Choya is the kind of thinker-Protoss just like Squirtle for example.