Is he a Code S Player? If so, high, medium or lower tier?
Or is he a Code A Player?
People probably now familiarized with some of the Kespa aces:
SKT T1: Fantasy/Rain
Samsung Khan Roro
STX Soul: Bogus
Team 8: Baby
Is he on par with players of this calibre of the best that Kespa has to offer or is he a tier below?
As a player:
- macro is arguably one of the best in SC2; outmacroings toss and zergs.
- micro is also top notch as he has carried over his mechanics from Starcraft:Brood war
- patience: knows when you engage, when not to engage, and he'll usually make the opponent uncomfortable during the fight
- mental strength: a rock; doesnt get phase even at the highest levels due to constant exposure to Finals apperances
- Decent to very good at: TvZ, TvP
- Mind games
- Efficient use of apm: Constant scouting, minimum risk engagements
- TvT (In the Proleagues he has lost to: Bogus, Fantasy) for a 9-3 record
- greediness (usually settles for CC first), exposed to early harass and timings
- game sense isnt up to maphack-esque sense he had in SC: BW
- strategies; not fully exposed to all the different playstyles due to fully adjusting to SC2 5-6 months ago.
His Accomplishments: Recent accomplishments in order
- WCS (Knocked out preliminaries vs MVP Sniper 2-1)
- Code A GSL (Beat Sirius, Seed, Losses to Ryung, Supernova in Up/Down Matches)
- Ro8 OSL (Beat MC, San, BeSt bo1 match-ups, Loses to Last 3-2)
- MLG vs Proleague (40-8, 4th best of the group)
- MLG vs Proleague playoffs (Beat effort 4-3, Loses to soO 4-3)
- MLG Dallas (beat grubby, naniwa, theStC, hwangsin, Loses to Life 4-2)
- MVP Invitational (Beat DRG 3-1, Loses to Rain 3-1)
- SPL Proleague (9-3) (Beat: Zenio, Ryul2, hOpe, herO, Taeja, JYP, HerO, Revival, Bbyong, Losses to Bogus, Fantasy, ZerO)
- Code A GSL (Loss to baby, Beat: Vampire, Yoda, Yonghwa Losses to Jaedong,MC)
Looking at his statistics, although he is not the top tier of the players at the moment;
he seems to be a middle-ground, maybe slightly below Code S Player; and on the same tier as the kespa aces; where strategies are still lacking as well as an unrefined TvT as he's had in SC:BW.
From an objective perspective: Is he overhyped/overrated?
Is he really just an average Code A calibre player, overhyped by previous accomplishments?
Is he a projected player to become top-tier amongst the current SC2 crop of players?
I'm extremely curious on what user on Teamliquid thinks and their reasons for their thought.
Hope to hear your two cents.