Gauntlet StarCraft is back for Season 2, with some big changes to our format! Each week we'll be running two events, one will be an open qualifier to any EU / NA player with a first place prize of $25, the other being the same format as our Monday Night Gauntlet format of Season 1, except this time it will run weekly and have a prize pool of $100. The best part of these changes, is that the top 3 players of each "Weekly" $100 event will be invited to the 16 player Season 2 Finals! More chances for you to qualify, more chances to win it all!
Gauntlet Season 2 Schedule
Weekly $100 Format
Seeds 1-3 are invited players, if you're active and showing good games, send us an email at GauntletSC2@gmail.com and we'll consider you as an invite if we haven't already contacted you!
- 4 Players, Double Elimination. (Grand Finals is winner take all Best of 7)
- Top 3 are automatically qualified for the Season Finals.
- 3 Players are invited, 1 player qualifies through the EU/NA Open Bracket qualifier that happens one day prior.
- Players do vetoes, then higher seeded player gets to pick map first
or server (in the case of cross server play) first, then alternate.
- Best of 3 series for all matches except for the best of 7 Grand Finals
Open Bracket "Wildcard" Rules
- Open to all EU/NA players living within their respective region. "Region" as it is represented on ladder, so AUS/SEA players are allowed to play.
- Qualifiers will be played on Tuesdays, 12 pm Central US, players must always meet on the North American Server in the chat channel Gauntlet See schedule above.
- Qualifiers will be best of one series until the Ro16. Ro16 onward will be best of three series.
- The winner of the qualifier will be invited to the $100 event happening the next day, Wednesday 12 PM Central US, with a chance to play vs the best EU and NA has to offer.
$1,000 Season Finals Format
The 2016 Season 2 Finals will be a 16 player, single elimination tournament, played out over two days, October 22-23 (Saturday + Sunday). The top 3 players from each $100 event (12 total) gets invited to the $1000 Gauntlet Season Final. We're continuing our partnership with Ladder Heroes, created by Feardragon, and will be inviting 4 players from his series to compete in the Season 2 Grand Finals.
We are really excited for this new format and are looking forward to it! Hopefully this thread presents the plan in a clear way, but please let me know if there is any confusion. Players who wish to be invited can drop a line on this thread or they are welcome to send me an email at GauntletSC2@gmail.com and we'll go from there. We are actively seeking out players and booking events now, so please don't delay!
Best of luck to all of the players!