With the Round of 32 all but complete, Maru, herO, RagnaroK and KeeN convened to decide who would lock up the final two spots in the 2018 GSL Season 1 Round of 16.
Initial Match 1: herO 2 - 0 Ragnarok
- Game 1: The first wave of herO's two base zealot timing was thwarted by queens, but the second overran Ragnarok's roaches.
- Game 2: herO's two base charge/archon effort was swatted back, but a follow-up attack off a probeless third base brought an end to the series.
Initial Match 2: Keen 2 - 0 Maru
- Game 1: Game one saw heated skirmishes between a melange of Terran units, but KeeN was able to amass a 40 worker lead before Maru tapped out.
- Game 2: KeeN and Maru both went into mech on Blackpink, but KeeN was able to parlay an economic lead into air superiority and a 2-0 victory.
Winners’ Match: herO 2 - 0 Keen
- Game 1: herO’s phoenix harassment and a timely stasis ward meant that when KeeN moved out, zealots easily cleaned up, taking the game.
- Game 2: herO's dark templars gave him the space to expand at will and build up a massive gateway army with superior upgrades that sent him to the Round of 16.
Losers’ Match: Maru 2 - 0 Ragnarok
- Game 1: Having traded favorably against Ragnarok's zerglings with hellions, Maru staged attack after attack, killing Ragnarok's fourth three times before the TitanEX1 Zerg admitted defeat.
- Game 2: This time it was hellions killing drones which gave Maru a lead, allowing him to end to the game with a bio/tank push that took out Ragnarok's third.
- Game 1: Maru’s two rax reaper proxy single-handedly ended the game, giving him a 1-0 lead.
- Game 2: Maru went for the same reaper proxy and, while he didn’t kill KeeN outright, he brought him down to seven workers which earned the concession and a spot in the Round of 16 for Maru.
herO and Maru advanced to the round of 16.
Code S resumes on Saturday, Feb 10 4:00am GMT (GMT+00:00) with round of 16 matches.