Click an icon to take you to the desired section.
You know the drill! Team Liquid is looking for qualified writers and graphic artists to join the team.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Send an application containing the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org (Olli)
- Your TeamLiquid.net ID and Skype information. For coordination purposes, we require writers to use Skype.
- Short introduction and relevant background information as it pertains to this position. Please do not send resumes.
- All required test assignments
- Availability and desired workload.
- Applications are open indefinitely.
Applications are open until positions are filled. Positions are on a voluntary basis with the potential of being paid after a trial period. Valuable staff members may receive passes to leagues they will cover or press passes (if work will be done) for tournaments they will attend.
Description: Writers are responsible for writing previews, recaps, features, and other written content for TeamLiquid's SC2 coverage. In the case of previews and recaps, it is crucial that they are written in a timely manner. Writers must be able to write both concisely and at length, depending on the situation. The ability to recognize and develop narratives is also a must. Tournaments with priority at present time are GSL, WCS tournaments, and other weekenders like GSL Super Tournament or IEMs. We intend on covering as many tournaments as manpower allows.
- Short Editorial Piece — We want someone with strong opinions who isn't afraid to voice them out. Of course, you need to have the facts, the arguments, and the gravitas to pull it off. Choose a unique subject to tackle—something we haven't written about, obviously—and explore the ins and outs of your topic. It can be anything from a retrospective, an analysis piece, or an opinion piece on a controversial subject. Maximum 1000 words.
- Preview — With GSL and WCS cruising along, we're looking for writers that know how to draw storylines across even drawn-out competitions and create threads that encompass the entire scene. We want you to write a preview article for a week's worth of tournaments. That could be two GSL groups, or one WCS weekend. Don't be afraid to be creative! What's important here is your ability to combine knowledge of the scene and its players with an ability to create natural, yet exciting narratives. The format is up to you! Maximum 1,200 words.
We want to push the quality of our graphics to greater heights. We will need another pair of hands (or two) for graphics to make that happen! Our site might have a very retro forum look, but that doesn’t mean we don’t know how to make our articles look nice. Graphics staff for SCII work closely with the writing team to offer insightful articles coupled with attractive layouts. Eventually, graphics staff members may start helping out in other regions of TLnet. If you love ESPORTS as much as we do and have a talent for art or web design, this is the place for you!
The following examples demonstrate some of the excellent news art created by the TL graphics team:
Road to Blizzcon Preview: Life by shiroiusagi and dravernor
A Lesson In Dotalinguistics by fusefuse
Iaguz: Cyclones, who needs 'em? by v1
qxc: The Removal of Macro Mechanics by lichter
Rain vs. Flash - TL Strategy Spotlight by wo1fwood
God of the Battlefield: Part 1 by hawaiianpig
Road to BlizzCon 2014 - Zest by shiroiusagi and Meru
Liquid`Dota 2 by fishuu
While we're looking for a graphic designer, TeamLiquid's graphics staff also contributes to the site in a variety of other ways, and we are accommodating of any kind of talent. Here is the list of skills we are looking for this time.
- After Effects
- Pixel graphics
If you are interested in contributing, here's how you can apply. Send an email with the title "TL Graphics Application" and the following content to email@example.com.
- Brief introduction of yourself, your graphics background, and list of artistic skills.
- Portfolio of your work.
- An example of a piece you would do for TeamLiquid.net. This can be artwork for a news post (any league, past or present, real or fictional), a mock up version of any website feature (sidebar, forums, liquibet, icons, etc), any kind of short video, or something totally outside the box.
- Please put Graphic Designer or whatever you feel best describes your profile in the subject line.