In the midst of a community in strife, the time has come to collaborate. Three versus Three, one step above a couple of friends on top of the world. Big Game Hunters, one giant leap above the norm, and a huge step for the BroodWar kind. That is, TheBGH.com brings to you the Test Your Might BGH Tournament. Without further ado, the aesthetics.
16 teams of three players each. No room for substitution, so you better trust your team. The entire tournament will be 3v3 matches on Blizzard's version of Big Game Hunters over a two week span, starting May 14th.
Saturday, May 14th 19CET/1PM EDT: Four brackets, Four teams per bracket will face off in Best of 3 series via double elimination brackets in the following format: Team 1 <> Team 2 Team 3 <> Team 4 Winner <> Winner --> Winner advances to the Round of 8 Loser <> Loser --> Winner advances to next series Loser of Winner vs Winner <> Winner of Loser vs Loser --> Winner advances to the Round of 8
Message from the sponsor: "I'm proud to sponsor our first prized BGH tournament. I'm happy to sponsor this tournament on behalf of TheBGH.com as well as for the community of Starcraft:BroodWar. I hope everyone will tune in for this tournament and see how much fun BGH can be."KoS-Templar
1) All players are subject to administrative discretion. 2) Every game must be played with iCCup Anti-Hack launcher 3) All registration for this tournament must be done through PM with Game + Show Spoiler +
Teamliquid: Game iCCup.com: LRM)Gayme Skype: vegason123 AIM: L0s3l2number1
4) All games must be played on iCCup. 5) All games must be played on Blizzard's Big Game Hunters 6) Koreans are only allowed in this tournament if they are known in the foreign community (Reference: Rule 1) 7) All games must be saved and submitted to Game. 8) The only way for bracket altering will be due to lag conflict between teams. 9) Backstabbing an ally will result in immediate disqualification and the option for them to replace you in a rematch. 10) WalkOvers will be awarded one game at a time per 20 minutes of opponents tardiness.
How to Sign Up/Play:
Contact Game through PM at: Teamliquid: Game iCCup.com: LRM)Gayme + Show Spoiler +
Bracket I Winners vs Winners Match: 2pacalypse's team <> SeeK.JesuS's team --> 2pacalypse's team advances to the Round of 8, 2-0
Bracket II Winners vs Winners Match: FeatJoe's team <> sO.Chill's team --> FeatJoe's team advances to the Round of 8 by W.O
Bracket III Winners vs Winners Match: Ace's team <> ceO's team --> ceO's team advances to the Round of 8, 2-1
Bracket IV Winners vs Winners Match: TraiL's team (u-boat69 substitute for Oops) <> rich.'s team --> rich.'s team advances to the Round of 8, 2-0
Bracket I Losers vs Losers Match: Rape)Me('s team <> JoeKim Disqualified team --> Rape)Me('s team advances to the Final Match
Bracket II Losers vs Losers Match: Nb.Sky, Nb.ZealOt, gNs.I-Ryno <> Freeslot --> Nb.Sky's team advances to the Final Match
Bracket III Losers vs Losers Match: Kiante's team <> Freeslot --> Kiante's team advances to the Final Match
Bracket IV Losers vs Losers Match: kelly_[d]'s team <> MBC_GAMEHERO's team --> MBC_GAMEHERO's team advances to the Final Match, 2-1
Bracket I Loser of Winner vs Winner versus Winner of Loser vs Loser: SeeK.JeSuS, -OverSkill-, MIAMI_HEAT_11 <> Rape)Me(, Hellscream, Soap --> SeeK.JeSuS's team advances to the Round of 8, 2-0
Bracket II Loser of Winner vs Winner versus Winner of Loser vs Loser: sO.Chill, sO.KeKe, s]x <> Nb.Sky, Nb.ZealOt, gNs.I-Ryno --> Nb.Sky's team advances to the round of 8 by W.O
Bracket III Loser of Winner vs Winner versus Winner of Loser vs Loser: sas.Ace, sas.non, sas.skzlime <> Kiante, StorrZerg, zenrukken --> Ace's team advances to the Round of 8, 2-0
Bracket IV Loser of Winner vs Winner versus Winner of Loser vs Loser: TraiL, Favian_su (substitute for u-boat69), darnoconrad <> MBC_GAMEHERO, ZerGSupeRStaR, vG.TANK --> TraiL's team advances to the Round of 8, 2-0
Fuck yeah! I've played a lot of epic games on bgh, but I'm looking much forward to seeing what kind of stuff people will actually come up with when they really put their mind to it through a tournament!
2Pacalypse- Croatia. May 03 2011 05:24. Posts 4130
GOGO sign up, even if you think you have no chance of winning, sign up with your friends and play some 3v3 BGH! If you want to practice, )v( channel on East is as active as ever.
Few tips for those more competitive players: - Build Orders (BGH) are VERY important on BGH if you want to compete on highest level. The main point in almost all Build Orders on BGH is that you don't stop making probes/scvs/drones. Ever.
- Don't think that expanding is not important on BGH. Even if you have infinite resources, it takes time to gather them. BGH has 15 mineral patches and 2 gases, so that's approximately equal to a main and natural on low money map. The guy with 3 bases on low maps WILL outmass you if you're only on main and natural (meaning 1 base on BGH). Of course, this is still a 3v3 tourney, so it will not be your priority to expand faster than your opponents. Teamplay is more important.
- Game style on BGH is very similar to regular Hunters which is very popular on Asia among Koreans. Here's a good guide on Teamplay (BGH).
- At the highest level it's no secret that PPP is the strongest race combination. Which is not to say that other matchups can't win against PPP, but it takes some experience.
- If you're playing Terran, play extra safe. That wall goes down faster than you think if you're teching, and those marines gets surrounded just as easily if you're m&m-ing.
- If you're playing Zerg, play extra aggressive. Going for economy play with Zerg is not usually a good idea on BGH. Instead use those deadly fast lings to harass your opponents, help surrounding with your allys.
- If you're playing Protoss, remember to transition from Zealots to Goons. Goons are one of the most important units on BGH, but don't get caught off guard. Always be on alert. Learn Fast Goon build.
- Map control is very important. If you take over the middle and effectively have map control, don't over-commit and go gang up on 1 of your opponents without securing the other two. Always be wary of a counter or "sandwich" (this is a term used when your units gets trapped from two sides due to the narrow nature of BGH passages).
"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
Kenpachi United States. May 03 2011 06:11. Posts 9009