I just played a game on antiga shipyard where a guy did a sentry/immortal/stalker push to kill my third and at the same time warped like 6 zealots into my main with a warp prism and I was just stunned, because I was going for the 12 minute roach max and I felt like I needed every unit I had to deal with the push, which killed my third anyway because Antiga, and I don't have any clue how I could have dealt with the warp prism. Any advice?
As for the replay, he did some early zealot pressure against my third that I obviously could have dealt with better, but even if I had done that part right I'm just not sure how I could have prepared for the warp prism.
1. Like you mentioned, you didn't deal with the zealot pressure v well. You played a bit greedy, skimping on lings, and didn't scout the double gate in his wall. A round of lings or a spine/ extra queen would have been helpful.
2. You got a perfect scout off. He hit well after the roach max timing (the immortal sentry all in should hit at 10 min or so), and you were 50 supply short.
3. You picked off some reinforcements which is nice, but knowing what your opponent was trying to do, your whole force should have been at the third, or engaged him much earlier before he reached your rocks.
4. The zealots in your main required a few roaches to be split off and maybe microd about. Also your third and natural were not connected with creep. Spreading creep all over the area in front of your third is important to observe army movement.
• 7:15 you have no vision of his natural gas. • 9:38 you're making 6 roaches--why? you saw the robo and the gateways just barely being built. those could've been 6 drones. • 10:18 8 more roaches, only @ 53 drones. you can definitely get 60-65 drones. • your gas deposit is way too high, probably because you're 10 drones down from where you should be. that floating gas should be minerals and would probably help a lot in your defense. • push walks all the way to your 3rd, takes down the rocks and walks right up into your third. you have a 60 supply lead, but that is made irrelevant by FF's gg.
EDIT: you don't need hydralisks to stop the push.
Last edit: 2012-05-10 16:52:35
jtixs United Kingdom. May 10 2012 18:44. Posts 150