WHAT CAN I EVEN SAY TO HYPE THIS MORE. IT'S SZIKY VERSUS DOTY IN THE ALTITUDE ISL 3 GRAND FINALS AND THEY'RE BOTH SO GOOD AND I'M SO EXCITED I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! CLEAR YOUR AGENDA, READ ON, AND GET PUMPED FOR THIS WEEK'S FINAL SHOWDOWN AS THESE TWO PLAYERS GO HEAD-TO-HEAD IN AN EPIC BEST OF 9.
Video by Dan the Numbersguy
THE GRAND FINALS
The Grand Finals of the Altitude ISL3 will take place on the coming weekend and presented to you on Saturday (but wait! there's more! keep reading to find out about the 3rd/4th place match and a showmatch!). The series will consist of a Best of 9 on the maps listed below and the winner will walk away with 1000$ in prizemoney.
Sziky // Hungary // Zerg Sziky's ISL3 run so far has been amazing, dropping only a a single game throughout. The likes of Alfio, Bizzy, TechnicS and Bibiane have fallen to his might and as the reigning champion he now has a shot a defending his title
dOTY // Germany // Protoss dOTY defiantly qualified for ISL3, proving he did not need to be on the reservation list to make it in. Some have seen him as the underdog going into some matches, but 3-0 and 4-0 victories over Ace and Sneazel has silenced all doubters.
Bakuryu - German "Moustache" Zerg i think sziky will take it 5-2, some close games. iirc dOTY will practice hard, but i think it wont be enough. actually i just want sziky to win^^ zerg ftw - Zerg > Deutschland? - Well, if a german wins isl, it should be me :D otherwise it would be hard for me to accept it xD but ye... sziky is better than karate, and doty vs karate was close series, if they played again, i think karate would have won because he figured doty's build out near the end (unless doty plays different builds)
Defi - Russian Protoss, sponsor of showmatches My opinion is maximum 1 game for dOTY. Is it bo7 or 9? - 9 - then i think 5-0 or 5-1 for Sziky, since Sziky's ZvP is far away from non-korean level. - will doty put up a fight though? -ofc he will, since its the final of the best tournament outside of Korea. But I am really sure Sziky wont let dOTY do smth serious in games. That's my opinion
Plumbum - Russian Zerg Doty is running extremely good in this tour, i hope he will prepare enough to take more then 1-2 games from Sziky, but looks like no one can stop Sziky, when he is fighting for such awesome money prizes. BW forever!
Hacklebeast - ISL3 caster and BW fanboy I won’t be surprising anyone when I say Sziky is the favorite. He was the favorite as soon as he decided to participate in ISL. But doty has all the tools to pull an upset. Those quirky aggressive timings he used to dismantle ace are exactly the kind of thing sziky is weakest against in ZvP. If doty can channel his inner 2005 protoss, and walls properly to at least have a chance against the sziky lings, we will have ourselves a fantastic series.
corumjhaelen - Sponsor extraordinaire Favorite is obviously Sziky, especially as his best match up is zvp and dOTY's best is PvT. personnally is expect 5-0 or 5-1 depending on whether Sziky has to work next saturday. i don't know the maps, but I'm not sure that even if Game trolled to the max he could really help dOTY^^ that being said i think the serie will be good because Sziky won't cheese too much, so the macro games have the potential to be good, plus dOTY cheeses a bit so we could have some funny stuff coming from him and as a zerg fan I hope Sziky will avenge Ace, his fellow hungarian zerg and i'll add that the third place match should be pretty good too =)
Bibiane vs Semih Although eliminated in their respective Semifinals, these two Broodwar Warriors can still battle it out for 500$ worth of prizemoney, with the winner taking the 300$ lion's share. As a preshow to the grand finals, they will play a Bo5 for the Altitude ISL3's Bronze Medal.
As Saturday will see the Altitude ISL3's last official playday, we will close out the tournament with a showmatch on Sunday. Can't disclose a lot of details yet, but the winner of the ISL will face a mysterious Korean guest. Keep your eyes peeled for details on this one!
1) Rules Concerning Executive Decisions and Over-Rulings - All Players are subject to administrative discretion. - LRM)Game reserves full discretion over all decisions and procedures.
2) Rules Concerning Behavior - No bad manner during the tournament, period. This applies to bad manner of staff, fellow participants, in write-ups, in the official channel, or in game. Professionalism is mandatory, and will be absolute.
3) Rules Concerning Server and Launcher - All games must be played on Fish Server - If under special circumstance Fish is down for an extended period of time, an announcement will be made in the applicable round's threads. - All games must be played using Mini-Launcher or ChaosLauncher - All games must be played using the #l2, #l1 or #ll settings.
4) Rules Concerning Replays - All replays must be sent to AltitudeISL@gmail.com immediately after the completion of a round. The winner must send in both wins and losses. Failure to do so will result in replacement. If a failed send occurs, however the player has proof of the attempt, the player may advance as long as the replays are delivered before the start of the next round.
5) Rules Concerning Lag - If a player is experiencing an unplayable quantity of lag, they must leave the game before the two minute mark. Beyond this point, the player will be forced to play out the set. - If one player has unplayable lag, one the referees will set a time for that set to be finished given the availability of the player who is not lagging. - Under the circumstance of a lag conflict, the set will be forced into postponement. The postponed time and date will be set by the league commissioner. On this time and date, both players must have either found a LAN cafe in which they will be forced to surrender the IP from, or playing from a different, but applicable location. Examples being a friends house, school, library, etc. IP's will also be mandatory from these locations.
6) Rules Concerning PP matches - If a player makes one of the referee's aware that he cannot play the day of his match within 72 hours of the set playing time, he will then be allowed to then contact his opponent 48 hours ahead of time to pre-play or postpone the match. The time frame is very tight, and thus must be obeyed. Upon proof via screenshot of contact back and forth between player and opponent, the referee handling the case will then assign a date and time to be played, earlier or later than set time, at a time of mutual availability. The circumstance of a match played earlier is first at the discretion of the opponent who is being inconvenienced, and then must be confirmed reasonable by said referee.
7) Rules Concerning W.O Timers - A player who finds himself without an opponent will be granted a W.O victory for every 15 minutes of waited time. - The above rule is applicable not only to situations of tardiness, but those of neglect. - Technical issues do not apply and will be handled case to case.
8) Rules Concerning Abuse - Any form of abuse will result in the offending player's ban from the Altitude International Starleague. This player will not be allowed to re-enter another qualifier, nor any league operated by the organization of Altitude's International Starleague.
9) Rules Concerning IP - Players may be required to surrender their IP address again at any given time during the league without notice.
"Altitude is a free to play, fast-paced, competitive, multiplayer game made by and for fans of BW." - Altitude
"There is no doubt in our minds that StarCraft 2 has elevated eSports to a new level over the last year or so. However, it's important to give credit to the game that catalyzed the genesis of eSports as we know it - StarCraft: BroodWar. We at TwitchTV are happy to see that the SC:BW scene continues to live, and are excited to sponsor this event. We encourage any current BroodWar players to stream on TwitchTV and help keep the community vibrant and strong!" - Ben "FishStix" Goldhaber, TwitchTV Outreach Manager
"I'd like to wish the players, caster and viewers a good time, bw hwaiting!" - Prowler
"I'd like to thank every person who makes this tournament possible, and to wish good luck to the players. Let's show everybody how awesome the foreign bw community can be!" - corumjhaelen
There is a point and time in every scene when entire figures' positions in the community are altered forever, where titans are defined and prominent men become weeping boys, falling forever into the depths of a literal and hypothetical second place. Today we will see a point in foreign BroodWar's post apocalyptic world where we'll find if Chuck Norris really does exist and plays under the alias Sziky, or if Steven Seagal really could have gone to Texas and taken Chuck Norris down. Where Wolverine and Sabertooth finally have their final duel, and one of them will never recover. Fable's and myths are up for auction and ready to be dispelled on this day. That is, for your viewing enjoyment, after 17 long hard fought weeks of numerous Napoleonic battles, the deciding tribunal of the war, the Altitude's ISL Grand Finale.
On this day, the day of men, blood, and guts, Sayle and EleGant will seal with first hand observations and fancy diction the final chapter's conclusion of the third and fourth place match worth a total of $500 between the mysterious beast in Bibiane and the elusive spartan Semih. As the only matched ISL invite slayers, these Jamie Lannister and Brienne's will fight to the death far before the war unfolds. That is, as the casting guru Sayle then having exhausted his co-caster and fellow author of horrific scenes of blood and lust, EleGant, will be forced to call on his fellow notorious reporter noted as Jim McKay, Hacklebeast, will join him to present a battle only whispered about by men never heard of after such events, Sziky versus dOTY. These iconic heroes hold but one question to answer, that will change the tide of war completely. Can Sziky retain his ISL championship, or has dOTY chizzled from the mountains of southwestern Germany the necessary kryptonite as he did to defeat second place winner of ISL1 and ISL2, and the only other invite to die so far, Ace unscathed of injury in his 3-0 sweep? Many have speculated, generals have planned with tact and strategized, but no one truly knows who will bring home the $1,000 first place prize, and whom will be cut directly in half, taking second for $500. I encourage all to clear their calenders, call in sick with the worst fake cough ever heard, and tune in to see what men have paid the iron price for, all for your enjoyment.
To check out the full tournament bracket, format, maps, and VODs, please visit the hyperlink below:
I couldn't watch every ISL game live this season, but this Saturday is reserved. I'll be sure to tune in and so should yo ! Amazing op Pholon, thank you. And also many many thanks to everybody who has made this possible, not only the sponsors, but everyone behind the scenes who has made it possible, especially LRM)Game =) This tournament has been extremely enjoyable as a spectator so far, and I'm sure its conclusion will be as good. So thanks to anyone who watches this, who still loves to watch bw even in those dire times. The game is still here and as good as ever. And thanks to the players, being able to show such high level and entertaining play without being a professionnal gamer deserves a round of applause. PS : yes i'm fucking happy right now^^
numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
Damn, what an epic, epic tournament this has been. A tear will definitely be in my eye when it ends, and I'll be wanting to pick up plenty more commentaries from here on. Let's see your best, Sziky and Doty. Game on.
EleGant[AoV] My TLPD sucks. I'm good though, I swear...
hacklebeast United States. June 06 2012 08:25. Posts 4643
Awesome hype video. Favorite part was the pan across the bracket with the soft commentary overlayed.
In all seriousness: if doty loses more than 2 games because of sziky lings getting through a wall, literally hundreds of people will cry. Doty, you have the opportunity to save hundreds of people from crying, do the right thing!
Warning, this might hinder your ability to enjoy replay casts in the future! + Show Spoiler +
Usually the series winner has to supply the replays for the casters. If at the end of game 1 you see the message "Sziky has left the game", then you can know that replay was recorded by Doty - so Doty is the overall winner of the series, because we are watching his replays!
Either use an observer's replays, or ask for the replays from both players, and use them randomly.
Introducing Unsung: topic_id=241320 || Kim Ku Hyun fighting!