NEW (Aug 8): Blizzard has released patch 1.5.1 with fixes for a few of these bugs to the TW/KR server, presumably that will roll out to the other servers over the coming week. I'll mark the bugs that they report fixed in the patch, please let me know if you keep getting any of the errors after 1.5.1 deploys on your server.
Thanks to cokefreak for the idea of a change log, sorry I started it so late. Times in KST.
Aug. 10, 18:21 - On my second piece of cake, and it's not even noon yet. PARTAAAAY! Updated #34 with additional graphics cards that are known to not be rendering Fog of War correctly. Aug. 10, 16:26 - It's mah burfday! Wahoo! Also, added possible fix for performance issues (#12) posted by e4e5nf3, who has a user name that is annoying to type. Added information about preloader replays and custom maps to #12. Aug. 9, 22:24 - Updated bug #34 to include CheeseSucker's report, added a fix to #55 Aug. 8, 16:68 - Updated bugs reported fixed by the 1.5.1 patch notes. Aug. 8, 13:52 - Added link to R1CH's region changer to #11. Removed #38, as it is unconfirmed and can't be reproduced. Added graphical glitch on Ohana (missing water) to list of cosmetic bugs. Aug. 7, 23:42 - Added #56 Aug. 7, 21:53 - Added link to second Blizzard "known issues" thread. Removed some text that is no longer necessary given the warning some friendly mod added to the thread. Aug. 6, 19:09 - Added #55 Aug. 6, 09:00 - Marked #39 as not a bug, thanks to dodelol for the info! Aug. 5, 20:43 - Added #53 and #54 Aug. 5, 06:42 - Added #52, updated #5 to indicate that the larva bug seems to have been hotfixed Aug. 5, 05:24 - Added #51 Aug. 5, 03:22 - Added #49 and #50 Aug. 4, 17:50 - Added #47 and #48, updated #44 with guide to disabling Flash hardware accelleration.
Bugs 1. Very large gain/loss of points after a ladder game. Some people are reporting losses of hundreds of points after a single ladder game.
2. Unable to select 1v1 in Leagues & Ladders: Some people are reporting they can't select 1v1 in the Leagues and Ladders career screen, as illustrated.
Not a bug: "1v1" is actually just hidden, you should be able to scroll down to it using the mouse wheel.
3. Unable to log in Several people have reported that they simply can't log in. I don't know any solution to this problem so far.
4. Custom games have old balance rules Custom games appear to be loading different sets of rules for different maps. 5-rax Reaper is viable again, and you can research Kaydarin Amulet and warp in Storms again. As far as I've read, this appears to be pretty random and differ from map to map. It only appears to affect custom games.
4.) Some games appearing in the “Join Game” list of the “Custom Games” menu on the StarCraft II side of the client will cause that game to be played using an older balance. As a temporary work around please start lobbies from the “Create Game” page.
I'm unclear as to whether the old behavior was that Larva would move out of the way or whether they simply didn't block building on top of them, but there have been a ton of reports that sniped Hatches can end up blocked for minutes at a time because the Larva wander up to where the Hatchery was previously placed and block a new Hatchery from being constructed.
Workaround: Select the Larva manually, build something with them, then cancel. If maxed supply, build an overlord then cancel. The Larva transform into eggs, the eggs explode and vanish when cancelled.
6. The current season is listed as Season 3 This is not a bug. The seasons are now (retroactively) numbered according to the year, so we are now in Season 3 of 2012.
7. Mac 10.5 is no longer supported This is not a bug. Blizzard has ceased to support Mac OS 10.5 as of this patch.
Reported here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=357464 The "center on current selection" hotkey (Ctrl+F by default) no longer works correctly. The OP of the thread above reports that it works only sporadically, and sometimes tracks the unit (which should be Ctrl+Shift+F) instead of simply centering the screen. Workaround: You can click the portrait of a unit to get the same effect.
10. Pathing is buggy Workers are getting buggy pathing when given move commands near a main building:
Another pathing error is demonstrated at 12:06 in this replay (http://drop.sc/232579 - watch the Roach at the top of Batman's ramp).
Another user has reported that they were having issues with Siege Tanks pathing incorrectly near Xel'Naga towers. It appears from all this that the pathing engine has been overhauled somehow and the new engine is just generally buggy.
11. Language pack issues There are a number of issues involving people having the wrong language after the patch was installed, even a different language that that of the client that they initially installed. Also, some people are being blocked from running the client by an error saying that they need to install an authorized language pack.
12. General performance issues There are tons of reports of performance issues (lag, frame dropping, slower loading times, etc) resulting from the patch. Some of these problems may be related to playing certain game sounds.
15. The patch breaks all mods (eg stronger team color, custom backgrounds, BW sounds) This is not actually a bug, it's intentional behavior added by Blizzard. The game now checks its MPQ files and downloads fresh copies if they aren't identical to what it's expecting to find.
16. Graphics are "blurry", even on high settings This is probably not a bug. Several people have mentioned this, but it seems that people are most likely just not aware that their resolution settings may have been changed by the patch. Please make sure that your resolution is configured to what it was before the patch. If you still have an issue, please make a screen shot and post it!
Also, it's possible that the blurry effects are from playing before textures have completely loaded, as some people have reported that the problem fixes itself after a bit of time.
18. LAN mode is still not supported Blizzard is aware of the issue.
19. "Low" texture setting looks much nicer, results in lower performance As described here, "Low" texture settings now load prerendered static bumpmaps, whereas the previous "low" setting had no bumpmapping at all. The result is (arguably) a nicer-looking picture, but some people are reporting performance problems that may have something to do with this.
Fix: You can restore the old "low" texture behavior by setting "alternateLowTextures=0" in variables.txt.
20. Game crashes when loading "Leagues & Ladders > Friends" Some people are reporting that trying to load this screen crashes their client.
21. The ladder is overrun by assholes who are incapable of accepting responsibility for their own failure. Not a bug. This functionality existed in earlier builds and there are no plans to patch it out at this time.
22. Graphic settings are reverting on restart. There have been lots of reports that people change their graphic settings, then find them returned to their previous values when they restart the client. This is especially annoying because some graphics changes require restarting the client to take effect.
Possible fix: Try removing write protection from your variables.txt file. This is unconfirmed so far, please let me know if it works for you!
23. Problems using non-QWERTY keyboard layout combined with Grid hotkeys Using Grid hotkeys and a non-QWERTY keyboard layout at the same time has been a pain since the game was released. There are reports that this is an issue again post-patch.
Fixes: You can manually rebind the keys to the correct characters (for example, by binding "Y" to the "Z" position for a German keyboard). In my experience, this can cause other problems if you're protoss with a German keyboard and use Z for your Warpgate hotkey. I've solved the problem in earlier patches by leaving the bindings at their defaults and just having the English (USA) keyboard layout installed in my Windows settings (I don't actually switch to English when I play, just having it installed seems to fix SC2's confusion for some reason).
24. From Blizzard's thread: Flying units on different cliff levels will not be hit by splash damage from targeted AoE attacks or abilities. This issue is under investigation.
25. From Blizzard's thread: The manual button on the SC2 1.5.0 installer links to a webpage that does not exist. This issue is under investigation.
26. From Blizzard's thread: Clicking a profile tab quickly after clicking a Back button does not switch to that tab correctly. This issue is under investigation.
27. From Blizzard's thread: [Mac] The game will run out of memory when switching from medium or high graphics settings to ultra. This issue is under investigation.
28. From Blizzard's thread: Compatibility - ATI Catalyst 11.8+: The game video freezes when taking the focus away from it right after unlocking the computer. This issue is under investigation.
29. From Blizzard's thread: Loading a save created with Ultra graphics settings from a previous client version causes some foliage to appear pink. This is intended behavior. SC2 foliage is confident in its masculinity.
30. From Blizzard's thread: Flying Terran structures that are on fire leave behind a trail of particle effects when destroyed. This issue is under investigation.
31. From Blizzard's thread: The client can reach a state where models will appear to vanish. What does it mean "appear to vanish"? We're talking about graphics, right? What's the difference between appearing to vanish and actually vanishing?
32. From Blizzard's thread: Terrain appears as bright pink on Geforce 9300M graphics cards with shaders set to low. The terrain has been spending a lot of time with the foliage lately...
33. From Blizzard's thread: Shadows on the Hyperion on the Log In Screen in 1.5 are noticeably lower resolution than in 1.4. This issue is under investigation.
34. From Blizzard's thread: Fog of War is not rendering properly on GeForce 6800, 7300 and 7600 cards. This issue is under investigation.
User CheeseSucker reports experiencing this error with an NVidia Quadro FX 3500M, as well.
35. From Blizzard's thread: Errors are sometimes returned when queuing for Co-Op Vs. A.I. Games. This issue is under investigation.
36. From Blizzard's thread: Vultures can use their Replenish Spider Mine ability despite having their maximum number of Spider Mines. We are aware of an issue with spider mines being automatically purchased and build even in a full Vulture in the Wings of Liberty Campaign and are working towards a solution.
37. From Blizzard's thread: We appear to be using our paying customers as beta testers. This is not a bug, it's a dodgy business strategy.
38. Hotkey for APM and EAPM in replays is both "M" but only works for one of them.
39. Custom map settings can't be changed, or map can't be made public Not a bug - This is evidently how custom games have always worked. Sorry, I've never played public customs, so I didn't realize. + Show Spoiler [Bug description] +
On August 02 2012 05:48 Noam wrote: As far as I can tell you can either JOIN a custom map which has all the default settings marked and is open to public, or you can create a custom map and then you can change settings but you cannot open it to public anymore.
40. Hatcheries can evidently end up with multiple worker rallys Can anyone confirm this or tell me what exactly is going on here?
41. Team chat does not work There appears to be a bug that prevents chat from working correctly in team (2v2, 3v3, 4v4) games.
42. Replay folder is now organized so that folders and replay files have the same icon, making it difficult to tell the difference between folders and replays.
43. Late game start Several players have reported that they are experiencing games that start several seconds late. This is something that has been an issue in the past, but it appears to be a new problem for some players (and to have been fixed for others - I had this problem in 1.4.4 and I don't have it in 1.5).
44. Freezing/crashing while using an internet browser There has been one report, and I have experienced this as well, of the client freezing or crashing while Chrome is running. This may be related to running Java applications (eg Twitch.tv stream chat), and it may not be browser specific, I'd really appreciate more information if anyone else is experiencing this.
45. Challenge maps are sporadically causing crashes Reported by MorroW in this post, the exact cause isn't clear and no one has reported a workaround yet.
46. Ladder wins report no points won So far reported only by a single player, if anyone can confirm this and provide any more information about this bug, please post!
47. Pylon radius is not visible in replays Regardless of whose vision you have and independent of graphic settings, you can't see Plyons' radius in a replay.
48. Chat counts number of people in a room incorrectly As illustrated here: + Show Spoiler +
49. Achievements are not being correctly recognized. Players are reporting that the achievement system is not showing achievements that should be shown. For example, a couple of people are missing Starcraft Master achievements (where do I even find those on the UI? I can't verify whether mine are missing), and one person reported his FFA wins were all missing. Also, achievements may no longer be getting awarded correctly.
51. Sound comes from speakers despite headphones being plugged in and set as sound output. Reported here and confirmed by other posters in that thread.
52. (Mac) It is not possible to bind commands to the ´ key
53. Race selection buttons are mislabeled "red", "blue", "teal" and "purple". The user that posted this reported that it made it impossible to ladder.
Workaround: The user that reported this says that restarting the client fixes the problem.
54. All fields empty at log-in, logging in results in an empty error message
55. Client logs itself in and out repeatedly, making play impossible As reported by Heartland:
On August 06 2012 18:36 Heartland wrote: Basically I open SC2, the installation for the patch window open. Nothing happens for a few seconds and then the Play button lights up. I click it, game opens and I log in. Then I am logged in and out every second, unable to do anything.
On August 09 2012 20:53 Heartland wrote: Basically what I did was I updated a bunch of Windows update things I had been neglecting, rebooted and then my firewall prompted me for the program (I had previously set it it to accept all the SC2 programs however) and then it allowed me to update it just fine.
56. Spine Crawlers glitch when you attempt to burrow them too close to one another
On August 07 2012 23:13 Speece wrote: I tried to burrow two spines too close to each other and it looks like they stacked but this one is not actually burrowed.
On August 02 2012 04:10 Conti wrote: Another minor purely cosmetic bug: There is a new animation for abilities like blink, the icon flashes when blink is available again. When you select another unit or building right at that moment, the icon of said unit or building flashes instead if it has one at the same position.
Lots of people are having the issue that their league is being shown as one higher or one lower than their actual league. This seems to be purely cosmetic, though. It's possible this is due to ranks getting switched around between 1v1, 2v2, etc.
- Your own text is no longer a different color in chat windows This isn't the biggest deal in the world, but it makes it a lot harder to find your own messages in a chat window.
- Some maps are rendering with water missing for some users
On August 07 2012 23:46 Psychobabas wrote: I am experiencing graphical glitches on certain maps. For example Ohana, north position, the water north of the main base is completely black.
Never had this problem until 1.5.
Using ATI 4650 1gb.
As you can see, complete darkness, normally there are blue waves there, which you can see through the fog of war.
Bugs present since before 1.5 - Banelings' morph ability cannot be queued A "morph to Baneling" command to a Zergling is always carried out immediately, even if you're holding down "shift", which is inconsistent with how all other commands (including other morph commands) work.+ Show Spoiler +
Last edit: 2012-08-10 18:22:18
The frumious Bandersnatch
c0ldwinter United States. August 02 2012 03:49. Posts 235
Another minor purely cosmetic bug: There is a new animation for abilities like blink, the icon flashes when blink is available again. When you select another unit or building right at that moment, the icon of said unit or building flashes instead if it has one at the same position.
I am currently trying to open a custom game (shattered temple). In old version new maps were downloaded in 10 seconds MOST but now I'm waiting for more than 5 minutes and it's still only half way down... They take forever to download..
My client is refusing completelly to update to 1.5 for some weird reason, the patcher just get's stuck in 0% (in the old UI for patches) and then the "play" button "turns on" while the patcher still says 0%. When i click it the game loads normaly and then it allows me to log in, but when i do a sign appears inside the game, in the b.net menus, saying that the b.net servers are down and then it kick's me out of the game. I have restarted the computer at least a 4 times, i have taken down firewall, and my antivirus, and waited something like ~4 hours with the patcher/optimizer open just in case i just needed to wait a long time, and well, nothing happened.
EDIT: Now it's working propelly, it seems that it fixed itself while i was writing this, but there's one problem still, the patch is downloading at a rate of ~56Kbts/s... DAMN IT BLIZZ
Last edit: 2012-08-02 04:27:57
I'm Kantuva | Mapmaker | To find any of my maps search them by KTV
vesicular United States. August 02 2012 04:23. Posts 973
I have a bug I believe on my system where I had all of the graphic settings turned to low or off, and when I dled/installed new patch they were reset to mid. When I changed them all back to low (went to that screen several times to double check), I still see the best textures in-game that I've ever seen; i.e., they're definitely not low, and they're slowing down my computer a lot.
Knowing is half the battle... the other half is lasers.
AmericanUmlaut Germany. August 02 2012 04:27. Posts 2275