Welcome to the Team Liquid Progaming Database Feedback Thread.
If you come across bugs, incorrect info, or have any comments about how it is working, post it here and we can talk about it. Remember, many things are already known to be missing, but right now we are concentrating on getting the core functioning well.
Current version: 1.04 - Updates:
1. Changed the "+" next to the games to make them more obvious and easy to click.
2. Switching tab while watching a VOD under FireFox shouldn't be a problem anymore... (Seems like FF doesn't like "wmode=transparent" too much in embed flash. :/)
3. Added support for Google Videos.
4. Liquibet "stats" and map links now link to TLPD, as well as "VS".
5. All YouTube videos should now be downloable as .flv movies, and all Google videos too (format isn't always the same).
6. More than 50 missing birth dates have been updated (thanks to Tyrio's link).
15. From now on, when searching for a player/map/league/game, if the engine only finds exactly one result it will redirect the user to it instead of displaying it in a list. As a simple example, try searching for "Boxer" within "Players" category.
16. New forum thingy ("TLPD-ize your post" just above the text area): Typing "Boxer vs Yellow on Sin Peaks of Baekdu during Daum OSL" and then clicking that link will produce : BoxeR vs YellOw on Sin Peaks of Baekdu during Daum OSL
17. TLPD-izer updates: - if you select a portion of your post, only that part will be transformed ; - teams now supported as well ; - player akas now supported as well
Will there be a integration of the replays with the TLPD, I know it could take a while, and I'm willing to help with it, but that would be extremely sexy. And I haven't really looked into it, but are there FPVODs in the database as well?
Maybe integrate in the nicknames into the search, like if i searched for genius terran id get nada or mantoss id get reach.
Edit: ahh, thanks pop, awesome work
Last edit: 2007-07-28 10:17:55
NADA FOR PRESIDENT BECAUSE HE ARE THE AWESOME!!!~~
On July 28 2007 10:17 near wrote: Maybe integrate in the nicknames into the search, like if i searched for genius terran id get nada or mantoss id get reach.
That could easily be added. Not really sure it's worth it though. Looking for a player based on his nickname doesn't sound like something you'd want to do very often, I guess? -_-
On July 28 2007 10:18 Polka wrote: Really neat and useful application you made here. I just got a small request of modification: make it easier to click a specific game (the + sign), bigger or with more padding or something. Love the tabs and integrated VOD:s.
Well the thing is we're a bit short on horizontal space. I'll see what I can do though... true that it's a bit small. But hell we're Starcraft players, we're good at clicking little things accurately, right?
(j/k, it's actually a very bad excuse ahah)
Last edit: 2007-07-28 10:24:44
dementus Singapore. July 28 2007 10:26. Posts 1151
hello pop, i know this thread was probably made so you could weed out bugs, take suggestions, etc etc. however, i would still like to use this opportunity to thank you and the team for creating it.
i used the tlpd in this thread to attempt to quantify the dominance of certain progamers at their peak, and i must say it ran seamlessly with no problems, the interface was logical and intuitive, and things loaded up fast too.
i love how the vods are embedded, and how all these stats (win records, streaks, map balance info, progamer bio date, etc etc etc) are at the tip of our fingertips. just, wow.
Last edit: 2007-07-28 10:30:43
"I couldn't stop myself from having unreal macro and sick timing senses."
On July 28 2007 10:48 Gokey wrote: just one thing, i notice that the VODs are sometimes hard to notice... I think VODs are what makes this feature so freaking awesome... if you can make them show up more conspiculously in the games list, that'd be great...
Golden "+" instead of black one = VOD. This should be visible enough, but again I agree that those "+" are probably a bit too small.
edit: also you can always check the "Only show games with VODs" checkbox if you don't care about other games.
Last edit: 2007-07-28 10:58:43
Equinox_kr United States. July 28 2007 11:23. Posts 7391