As teams figured out the intricacies (read: imbalances) of each map, we saw a dramatic increase in the number of mirror matches being played. But even among the slew of mirrors and rather dull games, there were a handful of true gems to be found.
Here is the third and final installment: the "best" games of Shinhan Proleague - weeks 11 through 14 & Playoffs.
Moments to Remember Winds of Change
1. The Birth of ZvT on Monty Hall ZvT on Monty was a nightmare for all zerg players, from Savior all the way down to Child. However, one man's genius would begin to turn the tides, becoming the spark need to grasp a 4th OSL title for the Zerg race. And the guy who invented the strategy was... What! Silver?
2007 - 06 - 26 OGN vs Pantech Game 4 -
It's pretty rare to see a mistake like this completely turn a game around
Shine vs Silver on Monty Hall The birth of ZvT on Monty Hall. TLPD VOD LINK
2007 - 07 - 08 Ace vs Pantech Ace Match - Boxer vs Silver on Monty Hall Silver's ZvT build gets past the one player we would expect to overcome it. TLPD VOD LINK
2. 2007 - 07 - 22 Playoffs Round 1 MBC vs STX Game 1 - Bisu vs Calm on Shin Peaks Calm shows us that he will be a force to be reckoned with in the coming seasons - sooner rather than later. TLPD VOD LINK
3. 2007 - 07 - 10 eStro vs Hanbit Ace Match - Magma vs Free on Shin Peaks Free's critical mistake costs him a game that was otherwise in the bag. TLPD VOD LINK
4. 2007 - 07 - 03 Ace vs CJ Game 1 - Foru vs Darkelf on Python Hero dts save the day for Papa Bear. TLPD VOD LINK
Execution Perfection... Sometimes
1. 2007 - 07 - 28 Playoffs Round 2 Lecaf vs MBC Game 4 - Jaedong vs Light on Tau Cross With his team down 2-1, Jaedong plays an absolutely perfect game to pull the match to square - A rematch of last season's playoffs. TLPD VOD LINK
2. 2007 - 07 - 01 KTF vs Lecaf Game 1 -
Anytime vs Chojja on Nemesis The art of Protoss control. TLPD VOD LINK
3. 2007 - 07 - 02 OGN vs SKT1 Game 4 - Chalrenge vs iloveoov on Nemesis One probe, one mine. One probe at the 9 expo allows Chalrenge to defend superbly. One mine says "no you don't." TLPD VOD LINK
4. 2007 - 07 - 07 Hanbit vs SKT1 Game 1 - Free vs Gorush on Python Free's highly improbable defense against Gorush's endless hydra lurker drops. Superb control from both sides. TLPD VOD LINK
5. 2007 - 06 - 27 Lecaf vs SKT1 Game 4 - Jaedong vs iloveoov on Shin Peaks The most lethal zergling user since Julyzerg himself. TLPD VOD LINK
Strategy At times, Unorthodox Play can be the Right Play
1. 2007 - 06 - 24 SKT1 vs STX Game 2 - Kingdom vs Sheis on Monty Hall An surprising wraith build gives Sheis enough of an advantage to overcome Kingdom's impressive push breaks. TLPD VOD LINK
2. 2007 - 06 - 24 SKT1 vs STX Game 1 -
Let the show begin!
Kal vs July on Python Control and execution enhance strategies to the n'th degree. TLPD VOD LINK
3. 2007 - 07 - 11 Ace vs Lecaf Game 2 - Boxer vs Jaedong on Python Bunker rush to 3 port wraith. TLPD VOD LINK
4. 2007 - 07 - 04 KTF vs STX Game 1 - Yellow vs Kal on Python Kal harasses Yellow relentlessly in response to his sunk spore lurk. TLPD VOD LINK
5. 2007 - 07 - 16 eStro vs SKT1 Game 4 - UpMagic vs Best on Tau Cross Some players identify with one arbiter spell over the other. TLPD VOD LINK
Gameplay As Cool as the Other Side of the Pillow
1. 2007 - 07 - 02 OGN vs SKT1 Game 2 - Luxury vs Rainbow on Tau Cross Does Rainbow have an official nickname? If not, Fantasista would be befitting. A microintensive and highly entertaining game from start to finish. TLPD VOD LINK
2. 2007 - 07 - 16 KTF vs Hanbit Game 2 -
Yes, this is Rainbow's entire army...
Hery vs Mensol on Python While the gameplay may not be the most refined, this is one of the most entertaining games I have seen all year. TLPD VOD LINK
3. 2007 - 06 - 24 eStro vs Lecaf Game 4 - Eliza vs Anytime on Python A very dynamic game. Hardly a dull moment throughout. TLPD VOD LINK
4. 2007 - 07 - 01 Hanbit vs STX Game 1 - Free vs Sheis on Shin Peaks Free makes a surprising decision in choosing arbiters over carriers on Peaks. TLPD VOD LINK
5. 2007 - 07 - 07 eStro vs KTF Game 1 - Tester vs Haran on Python If I were to choose one word to describe this game, it would be "BIG". TLPD VOD LINK
Honorable Mention More? You Sure are Tough...
Strategy 2007 - 07 - 03 Ace vs CJ Game 4 - Clon vs Iris on Shin Peaks While Clon's guardian build was unrefined, it certainly produced an exciting game. TLPD VOD LINK
2007 - 06 - 27 eStro vs STX Game 1 - UpMagic vs Kal on Monty Hall A full demonstration of Shuttle harassment from Kal. TLPD VOD LINK
2007 - 07 - 03 Ace vs SKT1 Game 2 - Boxer vs Much on Nemesis A fun dropship/shuttle style game reminiscent of 815. TLPD VOD LINK
Execution 2007 - 06 - 26 OGN vs Pantech Game 1 - Yarnc vs Silent_Control on Shin Peaks There's Muta harass, then there's Muta destruction. TLPD VOD LINK
Solid Games 2007 - 07 - 16 KTF vs Hanbit Ace Match - Flash vs Free on Shin Peaks I'm still not sure how Free pulled this off; I guess "Carriers = autowin", particularly against Flash. TLPD VOD LINK
2007 - 07 - 16 eStro vs SKT1 Ace Match - Tester vs iloveoov on Geometry Tester must be getting tired of doing extremely well but losing in the end on Geomtry by now... TLPD VOD LINK
2007 - 06 - 30 CJ vs Pantech Game 2 - Much vs Firefist on Shin Peaks Standard but very good game. TLPD VOD LINK
2007 - 06 - 25 CJ vs KTF Game 2 - Iris vs rA on Geometry rA almost figures out the puzzle. TLPD VOD LINK
As this series comes to and end, I would like to express my gratitude to Mani (finding and uploading vods), PoP (finding and linking vods), and Zxk3 (graphics) for assisting me with the process.
After going through 500+ vods, I feel like this right now: