I am currently arranging the winnings page on tl.net wiki and updating takes quite a while. First time it took my about 4 hours.
Second time, i made the entire thing in ms excel, but it cut down the updating time to 2 hours, which is still too much.
After that, i made a database on my PC and it works (it has all the tournaments and players listed). Now i need a query that will combine it all so i can directly implement it into wiki.
So, i have two tables - players and tournaments.
Players table consists of pid (player id, unique), nick and others stuff.
Tournament table consists of tid (tournament id, unique), date, tourney name, winnings and pid (connection to the player table).
I managed to do simple queries to get info how much a single player won, or what's the total sum of winnings in tournaments.
Now, i need the complicated one. Query that would sort players by tournament winnings.