Might work on maps like Steppes of War and Incineration Zone; probable but harder on Lost Temple and Metalopolis
Starts with regular 10 depot 12 rax, but take gas at 12 and make techlab immediately to show toss that I'm going reaper rush.
10 rax reaper or 11 rax reaper more viable?
- Scout with 10 depot scv
- If he isn't getting early core, get reaper and harass
- If he is going early core, get 1 marauder and marines afterward - wall-in with 2nd depot should be completed by now
should I wall-in or not?
- Build factory once 100 gas is accumulated after 1 reaper/marauder; build 2nd gas as well
idk whether I should fake-push (like SC1's FD Build) with 1 tank and infantries and retreat. Is is as risky as SC1 or much more riskier?
- Scan this time; if you see only 2 gate, expect DT or VR and build Starport and Engineering bay while pumping marines only (factory should be stopped for other production); if you see 4+ gate or 2 gate and robo, expect all-in or immortal and get siege-mode/bunker; build command center inside your base later - get Ebay if you haven't later on
- Slowly push out from the base with Siege Tank, marines, 1 bunker, and 1 turret and safely expand
- Build Starport w/techlab if you haven't, and build additional rax and fact with reactor; build Ghost academy;
1 raven asap? or 1 banshee for light harass? or 1 viking for preemptive defense against VR?
- Start harassing with Hellions from reactor
- Research Building Armor -> Hi-Sec Auto Tracking -> NeoSteel Frames from Ebay; use MULE calldown to get mineral for 3rd expansion
- Don't ever stop building turrets; BUILD THEM EVERYWHERE to deter any VRs or Warp Prism
- Build 2 Armories once 2 bases are fully saturated and upgrade vehicle weapons and armors continuously
- Slowly push again for safe 3rd expansion; Add 2 more fact and 1 more Starport
- Start nuking with Ghost and harass with hellions constantly
- Once 3rd expansion is secured, start push out VERY SLOWLY. Order of push: Sensor Tower -> Turret -> Bunker -> Sieged Tanks -> Hellions/Vikings just front of Tanks, Ghosts/1 or 2 raven in the back -> Bunker salvage -> Repeat.
- TRICK is to move very slowly, yet repeat the above process seamlessly without any breaks.
- Scan every 1 minutes or so to figure out whether toss is going mass Carriers; time to strike if you see it.
- gg if toss tried very hard to break the line and failed miserably; also gg if you somehow screws up any of the points above. =P
push when 200/200? or wait for toss to attack first?
This seems like a sure win for Terran but definitely harder and time-consuming.