- no third mule to help power up my economy, esp. after trading armies
- no third scan to aid with opportunistic bio drops
- scanning DTs, observers, etc
- 3CC builds are not strong in the current metagame. I'm always going to build my 3rd CC after I build 3 raxx or 5 raxx. by the time my third CC is done, I already have my main and natural fully saturated... maybe even over-saturated? so, the 3rd orbital energy is not going to make my 5-raxx timings significantly stronger.
- zealot runbys are removed from the game. walled-off natural, planetary at third... all you have to worry about now is a warp prism. this dramatically reduces the list of threats and things to worry about. now I can focus on actually doing damage and stutter-stepping my front-line bio force.
it just seems like a no-brainer given how strong 3-base gateway / storm / charge timings are in the current metagame... every kr pro I watch struggles to defend their third base from zealot runbys. more often than not, they have to lift their 3rd orbital a bunch of times... they lose SCVs... some even build a bunker and commit 2 bio units to stay in the bunker... some even keep a liberator at their third. why would you sacrifice actual army supply when you have a structure that does the same job better? why rally units to your third when you could be non-stop parade pushing? is the 3rd orbital energy really worth it? I'd like to hear your thoughts
has any pro kr terran at least tried to build a planetary as their 3rd base? even when streaming on ladder? I'd like to see how it looks in a high level game