- Artanis is okay under good rolls.
- Many Mutations are not good though: Transmutation, Propagators, Double Edge, Blizzard etc.
- Be careful about what mutations are out and be willing to play defensive if needs be. Try to save Solar Bombardment for enemy attack waves. You can warp in High Templar for defense needs and Storm can clear entire waves.
- Alarak is a slow commander and as such he will have trouble if he need to be more than one place.
- Make sure to have a probe with attacks for Structure Overcharge, then use the Ablity for defense later.
- Mutations that deal damage when you attack are very bad for Alarak you will watch your army dissolve every attack.
- Mother Ship is great for clearing.
- Black Plague will kill everything super fast.
- With great RNG he can be tier 1 but most of the time he is a lower commander.
2 H & H
- H&H can deal with quite a few mutators but certain ones make then almost completly unable to move out.
- Black Death, Blizzard, Transmutation, Propagators should be avoided if possible.
- If you feel that moving out is a bad idea at the time, use your Airstrikes and call downs to continue to push and help.
- Horner units are great provided that Black Plague doesn't show up otherwise keep them at home.
- Ravens will add a lot to Air Strikes as you can see units in the Fog of War, they also provide detection and extra dps.
- Raynor is good for this week but it will take time to deal with certain mutations.
- Black Death is bad for him but you can wait it out or just use call downs and smaller forces.
- Transmutation is also bad however you can try to go Mech or Marauders but that doesn't always work.
- Hyperion is great for a lot of pushes as well as dealing with attacks.
- Fatal Attraction is not very good as well.
- Tier 2 because of Time Stop can be great.
- Vorazun doesn't do well with quite a few Mutations: Black Plague, early game Transmutation, aoe mutations, Missle Command, Propagators even late game, etc.
- Time Stop should be used to clear if you can otherwise emergency TS can be used.
- Swann is great for defense.
- You can go one base and then use Hercules and call downs for helping attack.
- Laser Drill should be upgraded asap.
- Decent commander but hard to defend without leaving a lot at home.
- Zagara doesn't deal well with aoe mutations.
- Roach Drop is good for helping to push.
- be wary about Propagators and Reanimators because they require Banes and micro.
- Black Death can be avoided with good micro.
- Great defensive commander.
- Some mutations are going to make that tough: Going Nuclear, Purifier Beam, Propagates if you don't have enough Monoliths, etc.
- You should try to upgrade the Spear of Adun asap.
- If Mutators allow you can try to tech to Carriers.
- Fenix does well against most all mutators but Black Plague is the worst for him. You can teleport to any location provided you have vision.
- Mech does well here as they have higher HP but anti-air might be problem so be sure to add Adepts, Scouts, or Carriers.
- To be honest for this mission I would go for a 6 hero build to make sure that you can transition to any comp that you need.
- Watch out druing mutations transistion as you don't want to be attacking when the mutations change and be caught off guard.
- Takes a long time to get to a Brutalisk.
- Ultimate Evos are going to die if you get Black Plague its doing to happen sorry.
- Full Biomass Mutas wont die to Black Plague.
- Evos to push and to clear almost anything.
- Dehaka is great for this mutation as he can solo the whole thing.
- While he can deal with most every mutation watch out for: Speed Freaks, Barrier, Black Death, Concussive Attacks, Just Die, and any other mutations that makes it harder for him to kill things.
- Call downs should be a priority as always as they will make clearing so much easier.
- Nova is a great commander provided that you can use her by herself and then micro a smaller army.
- I would use the Griffin Air Strike more often during this mutation as it will allow you to be in more than one place and it will help you avoid many mutators.
- Tanks have a large range and if used properly you can out range a lot of things.
- If Propagators show up try to clear buildings (they spawn from buildings) such that they will go to your expo and then try to hold the ramps untill it goes away while macroing Nova to clear other things.
- Nova can out heal the Plague but her units can try to only move out with her if the mutator shows up.
- Stukov is very good for this mutation.
- If you get Propagators early on you might not be able to deal with them, later you can have enough dps to kill them but be careful if you get them late game you might have to deal with 10 at a time.
- Transmutation is also a bad one just rally units to your expo and then wait for it to go away.
- Try to use call downs to deal with defensive positions.
- Omega Worms are great for mobility.
- Immobilization Wave should be used asap.
- You can put Drones into the Network for faster gathering.
- Be carful with Black Plague for Kerrigan and Transmutation for your army think about slowing down till they go away.
- Extra Mins can go into Zerglings.
Tier 1 No real issues or can just wait till "bad mutators" go away.
Tier 2 Hard to deal with most mutators but can with good micro.
Tier 3 All around bad commander don't recomend.