WCS Interviews for this Week:
- (Clicking on the link will take you to that interview)
- 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Code S Ro8 Day 1 Winners' Interview
- 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Code S Ro8 Day 2 Winners' Interview
- 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Challenger League Round 3 Day 1 Winners' Interview
- 2013 WCS Europe Season 1 Ro32 and Ro16 Interview (LG-IM_Mvp)
- 2013 GSTL Season 1 Pennant Race Week 9 Match 1 LG-IM vs Prime Winner Interview
- 2013 GSTL Season 1 Pennant Race Week 9 Match 2 AZUBU vs AxiomAcer Winner Interview
Source: This Is Game
Congratulations on your victory. Tell us how you feel.
This was an unexpected all kill. I am even more glad because I secured an all kill.
You really showed off your confidence in your previous interview. Were you still as confident when you got to the studio?
During practice, PvT was really difficult. I was really hesitant because of the # of Terrans I would have to face today but the supervisor told me to head out anyways since I had stuff prepared.
You guys had no Terrans available because both Mvp and YoDa were overseas.
Map one was star station so figuring out who to start with was quite a challenge. Overall, practice was the most difficult. I couldn't practice any PvTs even if I wanted to because there were no Terran players available. So I had to practice with other team's Terran players and through ladder.
RagnaroK wasn't able to grab game one and allowed a comeback to occur. What were you feeling during that time?
As I was watching game one, I noticed that things were going really well for RagnaroK so I was just warming up comfortably in my booth. But all of a sudden, RagnaroK ended up losing. So when my turn came up, I couldn't really think straight since RagnaroK losing was an unexpected result, but none the less, the game still went well for me.
You secured your all kill by going for various build orders and by using oracles for game two, immortals for game three, and zealots for game four.
Using oracles for game two was pre-planned. I really just stuck to my play style for games two and three.
In game four, ByuN decided to GG out even though he had just won an engagement.
That was a situation where I really should not have attacked. I ended up losing too much because I needlessly charged in. I lost everything because ByuN fought really well but I was still in a really good situation. I knew that ByuN only had one command center and therefore he was lacking scans, so I knew I had it won.
Last week you secured two kills and this week you secured four. Why do you think you're performing so well for the GSTL right now?
I really don't know why myself (laughs). I was so nervous last week that I even forgot to upgrade warp gate technology, but today the games just went really well.
With today's victory, IM is only one rank behind MVP at number two.
We only have two more matches left but I really think we're more than capable of grabbing the #1 spot. I really want us to win the rest of our matches, advance to the playoffs with a number one spot, and wait for the other teams there.
Anything else you would like to say?
Our next match is against NSH. I honestly see us winning that one quite easily as long as we can take down jjakji and MadBull. These days, the team's atmosphere is really good. I hope we can all remain strong and sweep our next match. I want to thank Jeo Ji Hoon, Ryung, and TheBest for helping me with practice, and thank our sponsors LG Electronics, Steelseries, Googims Company, Coca-Cola, Nvidia, ASRock, Kingston HyperX, and Super Flower.
Methods to locating SC2 interviews!
- Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
- Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
- Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
- Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners