WCS Interviews for this Week:
- (Clicking on the link will take you to that interview)
- 2013 GSTL Season 1 Pennant Race Week 11 Match 1 MVP vs Prime Winner Interview
- 2013 GSTL Season 1 Pennant Race Week 11 Match 2 NSH vs LG-IM Winner's Interview
Source: This Is Game
Congratulations on the victory. How do you feel?
No matter what, I wanted MVP to advance to the finals ranked as first. There was a lot of pressure when we were losing by a score of 1-3. But I was able to win the rest of the series because I was able to win the first matchup vs Maru. I am more glad than usual (laughs).
You were sent out when MVP was down by a score of 1-3. Did you expect to pull off the three kill comeback?
I believed that our Zerg lineup was going to be able to finish it off and that I wouldn’t even had to get sent out. But then they made mistakes and put on performances where they got defeated too easily. I expected DRG hyung to go through a difficult game because his build order got crossed over. But I was able to secure three kills because I took down Maru and patiently played out my games.
With today’s victories, you have an overall score of 5-1. It seems like MVP advancing out as first from the Pennant Race is right in front of your eyes.
I think that MVP is going to advance out as first no matter what given our current atmosphere.
GSTL Protoss players have an overall record of 8-0. And MVP has the most wins in the GSTL and is ranked at first. How do you feel?
I was able to find out that I grabbed first place in the league with my three kills today. I was glad that I won but after hearing that, I felt so good. But I will make sure that I don’t get complacent and make sure I finished off the rest of my games well.
You took down Maru and MarineKing both with DTs.
Those were prepared strategies. I anticipated what kind of army composition my opponent was going to go for in my first game and I was right. I was able to win thanks to that (laughs).
ByuN’s attack for game six was quite fierce.
I deciphered that a strong attack was on my way after I scouted his army with my observer and saw that he had no additional expansions on the way. After I saw that he even pulled scvs, I told myself that I would be able to win as long as I defended this one attack. But he still had quite an army and things went differently than I anticipated in the beginning of the game so I knew this wasn’t going to be an easy victory.
Anything else you would like to say?
I was feeling depressed because I failed to get through the Up/Downs, but I am going to use today’s victory to ensure that I work harder. I want to thank my family and friends for always cheering me on. I want to thank my teammates for helping me so much with practice and especially Swagger hyung for taking care of me so well. Lastly, I want to thank our sponsors Lotte Chilsung and Razer.
Methods to locating SC2 interviews!
- Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
- Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
- Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
- Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners