On Backwater, players have trouble reaching un-upgraded Liberators at the closed-in third base expansion location. We’re adjusted the terrain to open more pathable space to allow units to respond to unupgraded Liberators. Also, sieged Siege Tanks will no longer be able to attack structures located at the third base expansion. We increased the size of unpathable areas to prevent Siege Tanks from reaching these structures.
We’re also going to improve the visibility of underwater creep on the map. Zerg players (as well as their opponents) should be able to gauge the creep-spread more effectively.
Lastly, on the 3v3 map Snowbound Colony, starting locations will be corrected. Once the update is live, players will start at the proper locations.
We were also alerted by a community post that Siege Tanks in tank form will send out attack notifications when they look at their target before firing. We are fixing this issue—Siege Tanks will no longer send attack notifications before firing, and thus will no longer prematurely reveal themselves to the enemy.
We’re aiming to get this update out on February 8 after IEM PyeonChang, but this schedule is subject to change. As always, thanks for your continued interest and please continue giving us feedback on any community forums. A summary of the changes is below.
• Increased the pathable terrain areas at the closed-in third base expansion to allow ground units to attack unupgraded Liberators sieging minerals lines.
• Changed ground pathing by adding unpathable terrain near the closed-in third base expansion to prevent Siege Tanks from reaching and firing on nearby base structures.
• Improved visibility of creep located underwater.
• Starting locations adjusted to the correct locations.
• Bug fix: Siege tanks in tank form will no longer send out attack notifications to the enemy before firing.