1. Rain His play is protoss porn. The way he controls vision, scouts, reacts and little details on the defensive end is second to none. Too bad he sucks at PvP in an era with many protoss champions. Once he mixed in aggressive style a little bit, he won GSL in a dominating fashion and retired. Now he goes back to finish business in the BW scene. Personally in terms of level of play, no other protoss is close.
2. sOs Master of deception. Clutch HoTS career. Lacks mechanics but he reminds you SC2 is a real-time STRATEGY game and it can be won strategically.
3. Stats Weaker but more consistent version of Rain. I feel he's always taking a long time to adapt to the game for every new change.
4. PartinG Micro God but lack everything else. Still his micro is good enough to make him an automatic GSL ro8 player.
Honorable mentions: Zest, MC, herO
1. Rogue Evolved Rogue is the complete package.
2. Life This guy's best talent is game sense. Natural instinct for opening and what the opponent is thinking. Great micro on top of it.
3. soO Great mechanics and micro, but lacks strategic depth on the highest level. His brute force playstyle suits more for a weekender instead of star league where opponent can study his weekness and prepare for it extensively. Unfortunately he does not participate in weekend tournaments close to enough.
4. Dark Great mechanics, micro and complete range of playstyle. His ego and his G7 performance in a big tournament though leaves something to be desired.
Honorable mentions: Soulkey, NesTea, Serral
1. INnoVation Macro God. Perhaps the best TvZ player of all time. He wins with overwhelming opponent with more units. He cheeses by getting away with playing super greedy and let his mechanics carry the game for him.
2. Mvp Best SC2 career for a very long time.
3. TY Strategic Terran and potentially the complete package. His ceiling is extremely high since he shows highest level of macro, micro and understanding of the game. OTOH he's too inconsistent.
4. Maru Much like Zest, Maru finds a good build and sticks to it. He relies on perfect execution. His high tempo style offers opponent many chances to make a mistake and once they do, Maru will finish them relentlessly. He is predictable though and always has one weak matchup that stands out.
Honorable mentions: Bomber, Polt, Taeja
Overall (not in terms of career accomplishments):