My first translation here -- please let me know if I misinterpreted something! Merry Xmas TL! This is your gift
Translated from Fomos:
Since December 16th, Fomos surveyed people on which progamer they would most like to spend their Christmas with, and STX Soul's Seo Ji Soo (ToSsGirl) won with 43.0% of 2997 votes cast. Second place was Ma Jae Yoon (Savior) with 20.2%, third place was Kim Taek Yong (Bisu) with 19.3%, and fourth was Im Yo Hwan (Boxer) with 17.5%.
She beat out the Emperor, Revolutionist, and MaBonJwa to claim the victory.
'Fomos let out this survey as a joke. Clearly, male gamers would NOT want to spend their Christmas with a guy. On no condition would it not be TossGirl' was a typical response to this survey. These comments proved that most active participants and followers of Fomos were males. It is clear that female fans need to step up to have their voices heard.
Nonetheless, Fomos seized on this opportunity and on the 23rd of December, immediately met with Seo Ji Soo and interviewed her.
In the 'Progamer you most want to be with during Christmas' survey, you won with a commanding lead.
- There was such a thing? No way!
It's true. You can see it through the Fomos portal.
- I don't use the internet much so I didn't know.
You were way ahead of Im Yo Hwan, Ma Jae Yoon, and Kim Taek Yong. What are your thoughts?
- Really? I'm really glad that I won among such a competitive, popular group of progamers and it really feels special. I feel really good (laughs). [At this moment, a staff member next to Seo Ji Soo said, snorting, "Of course! Men will pick the one progamer woman and women will have to split their votes among many men."]
We are curious as to who you are really spending Christmas with.
- With my family, no doubt! I was originally gonna go to the practice area but only Cho Il Jang is going to be there alone because he has a game, so I plan on practicing at home. Also, my family is very busy so it's hard to all come together, but my dad wanted to use this opportunity to get dinner, so we're all going to enjoy a delicious dinner.
Do you have things you want to do on Christmas?
- I wanted to go watch a movie in a theatre. They say 'High-Speed Scandal' (don't know this movie) is fun, but everyone on the team already saw it. I don't know who I should see it with. [In parenthesis, the article adds, "a response to sway the hearts of the 1288 voters?"]
A word to the fans awaiting Christmas.
- I think it's best to spend Christmas with a lover but if that's not possible I think it's good to spend with family, buy a cake, have a party, and have fun.
How are you doing these days?
- I am grieving over the fact that next year I will be one year older. (laughter) Work is a top priority so I am practicing even harder. [Article adds in parenthesis: "Nowadays Seo Ji Soo practices at the STX Soul house as if it were a day job. She says that players who look over her shoulder and give helpful feedback are very helpful. Also, Park Jong Soo gives her the most crap? but she really likes his feedback and would appreciate his help in the future.
Any words you would like to add?
- 2008 is almost over, so I hope that everyone ends the year well and that only good things will happen to everyone. I hope that for me too. (Laugh) Merry Christmas!
"My goddess!! Huk..."
"Ji Soo ya~ Let's go see the movie."
"TTTTT Ah, it's like a goddess fallen from the sky"
"Interview is too short... Ji Soo Goddess hehe"
"Cake? Cake? Cake? Cake? Cake? Cake? Cake? Cake? Cake? Cake? Cake? ..."
"I'm a guy but I picked Lim Yo hwan."
"Is this love..."
"Go practice instead, girl."