Initial Match 1: soO 2 - 0 aLive
- Game 1: soO defended aLive's early forays on to creep and utterly squashed aLive's first tank push with hydra/bane. The counterattack put him up 1-0.
- Game 2: aLive went for mech on Catalyst and, while he did damage with hellions, soO was able to macro up into brood lords. aLive pushed out with a maxed army, but was wiped out, allowing soO to take the match.
Initial Match 2: Dark 2 - 1 TY
- Game 1: TY's early ghost attack failed to kill Dark's third. Dark's mutalisks replied by killing 19 SCVs, giving him the space to get brood lords and win game one.
- Game 2: It took TY more than 30 minutes to take game two, but his ghosts and ranged liberators eventually starved Dark of gas before finishing him off.
- Game 3: It took 42 minutes to settle game three. Dark looked to be in a hopeless position, but a solitary infestor and a host of banelings killed a boatload of ghosts, giving Dark the momentum to attack with brood lords. More brood lords sealed the deal, sending Dark to the winners' match.
Winners’ Match: Dark 2 - 0 soO
- Game 1: soO jumped out to a lead on the back of a 12 pool, but Dark got the better of the mid game fights with roach/ravager, allowing him to go up 1-0.
- Game 2: soO's pool first failed to pay dividends on Ascension to Aiur. Dark held the initial effort and defended from there with queens and banelings en route to the Round of 8.
Losers’ Match: aLive 2 - 0 TY
- Game 1:aLive's air advantage allowed him to clean up much of TY's mech, giving him a 40 supply lead he rode to a victory.
- Game 2: aLive and TY both went for mech on Catalyst, but aLive built a supply lead through constant harassment that put him ahead on workers, army and bases, prompting a concession from TY.
Final Match: soO 2 - 0 aLive
- Game 1: aLive went for a hellbat/cyclone push, but soO had more than enough roaches to defend, setting up a lethal counterattack that put him up 1-0.
- Game 2: aLive opted for bio in game two, but made no headway against soO, who amassed a terrifying hydra/bane force. A zergling run ravaged aLive at home while his bio and tanks were overwhelmed mid-map, leaving him with no choice but to concede, sending soO through to the Round of 8 where Scarlett awaits.
Dark and soO advance to the Round of 8.
Code S resumes on Wednesday, Feb 21 9:30am GMT (GMT+00:00) with Group C of the Round of 16, featuring GuMiho, Classic, Dear, and Maru.
Recap by mizenhauer